Paying For Hot Tub Before Delivery

Mogulman

I am purchasing an Artesian Hot Tub with a lot of add-ons from a local dealer. Many of them were discussed verbally and are not on the initial invoice.

I put $2k down on it when I ordered the tub.

They are supposed to be delivering it on Thursday (6/28). The owner of the shop asked if I could come in and pay the balance today (6/27) rather than waiting for the day of delivery. Initially I said "Yeah..that should be fine". I'm wondering if I should wait until it is delivered though. I've never bought anything from this shop, but the guy seems pretty trustworthy (which is why I bought from him).

Should I wait or pay now?

I'm thinking the safest thing for paying now, would be with a credit card. That would protect me a little. Not sure if that would help though, if he didn't include everything we talked about in the order for the tub though.

Wow - sounds as if you really don't trust this dealer - OK, no problem: Go in a pay all but the last $400 (or $500 or whatever makes you feel better) and let him know that you will have the remainder in the form of a check at the finish of delivery.

Hows that?

B)

I was more hesitant because some of the things we talked about for the tub were verbal. I talked to the dealer and he said thought he sent me the order sheet. I guess that's where the breakdown was. I'm going to go in and verify that when I pay.

That makes sense. How has it come out?

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! Welcome to 'Spatopia.'

Let us know if we can help you keep it just perfect, and post some pictures if you get a chance.

And think about doing a one-time water change around July 28th. Lots of benefits, makes it much easier to do water care from there forward.

Enjoy!

B)