Best Place To Go To Get Real Information About Spas?

My wife and I have been thinking about getting a spa for the last few months. It all started at a home show in Toronto, but that's also where the pain started. Every company seems to just feed misinformation about other companies to us consumers. Not sure who or what to believe.

Are there any third party websites that can give me real information about which spa brands to consider?

I've had sales guys try to tell me their spa never needs chemicals, or that their spa is the only self cleaning spa on the market, which all just seems like BS.

I'm leaning towards a Jacuzzi, or Bullfrog currently. Any one own either of these, thoughts?

My wife and I have been thinking about getting a spa for the last few months. It all started at a home show in Toronto, but that's also where the pain started. Every company seems to just feed misinformation about other companies to us consumers. Not sure who or what to believe.

Are there any third party websites that can give me real information about which spa brands to consider?

I've had sales guys try to tell me their spa never needs chemicals, or that their spa is the only self cleaning spa on the market, which all just seems like BS.

I'm leaning towards a Jacuzzi, or Bullfrog currently. Any one own either of these, thoughts?

There is no 3rd party website where you can find information to definitively tell you what you should buy. You can however get opinions from people on this site which can help but in the end they are just that, opinions. First of all, what brand you buy is very important. Many will look similar but there are certainly differences out there between good brands and those that aren't so hot. Workmanship, quality of components and having a manufacturer that stands behind its product are all important but equally important is who you buy from. Visit your local dealers and consider those who you feel will be there to serve your needs after the check is cleared and the spa is delivered. A good dealer who understands how to give good customer service can make up for issues that occur after the sale while poor customer service can make minor issues seem major. Having said that, my own personal short list would include brands such as Caldera, D1, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance.

This site probably has the most independent servicers who work on multiple brands and have valid opinions of those brands. Unfortunately, we generally get bashed by newbs when we give our opinion. As far as comparison web sites go, most of them are simply shill sites that rate the brands by how much money the tub manufacturers pay them.

John

• 1 month later...

I recently sold my Sundance Optima due to remodeling and it was just bigger than I needed. I'm looking to replace it in the not too distant future. The only brands I look for are: Sundance, Hot Springs, Caldera, Dimension 1 (never seen on around here), Jacuzzi and Marquis (also none around here).

My list is built totally from being on this site for the past three years. I'm looking for used smaller hot tubs and they are harder to find than the larger ones. Kind of kicking mysefl in the butt now for selling the Optima.

Never buy without wet testing whether new or used!