Jandy Lx Blower Will Not Start

My Jandy LX 2006 model heater's blower will not start. I verified that that there is power (110 V) across the top two wires (black & white) on where this plugs into the board. The blower moter spins freely. I assumed this meant the blower motor was bad and purchased a new one. Without installing the new blower (just plugging it into the board), the new blower also does not start.

Need your help.

Thank you.

Two stage blower? I don't think so!

I've had this conversation before with others.

Typically with 240VAC motors, only one leg is switched. So, you will have one leg hot all the time. I believe that the F1 & F2 terminal on the Fenwal are for the switched leg. The way to prove this is to put one lead of your voltmeter to ground and test F1 & F2 (i forget which one is hot all the time). You should get 110VAC. Then, figure out where the other leg of the motor goes to......usually L1 or L2 of the incoming power. Then, use the voltmeter to test between F1/F2 and the L1/L2 terminal. You should get the 240VAC.

Basically, the Fenwal has a switch between F1 & F2. When the switch is closed, F1 & F2 will read the same voltage (the voltage difference between F1 & F2 will be zero) and will supply the full 240VAC to the blower. This switch is only closed after the Fenwal is satisfied that all the safety switches are closed.

You can use a jumper to jump out the safety switches. The first one I would start with is the one down by the burners. Then, I would move to the HI LIMIT switch on the outside by the header. I've had the HI LIMIT switch rust out on me and I recently, had the burner switch trip when I had my "ut oh" a few weeks ago.

Hope this helps.