De Filter Pressure Ranges

Just cleaned my de filter and started it back up. The pressure sits at 8-10 much of the time. Every few minutes the pressures rises to 20psi for 10 seconds then drops to 0psi for another 10 seconds. Then back to 8-10 for a few minutes. It's a cycle. Any thoughts on what is could be if not normal.

When I go to the pool store they always ask if I let my pump run for 24 hours when I open it for the season. I have never been able to run my pump for more than 12 hours and that is when it is completely clean, the pressure always goes up and I get little to no flow back to the pool. I bump it down and it is good to go for another 8-12 hours. How do people get their pumps to run 24/7? Originally I had a Hayward EC40 and I moved up to an EC65 and a larger HP motor thinking that that would solve my problem. It did get better but not enought to run it for 24 hours. Any ideas?