Need Advice: Jacuzzi J365 Vs Limelight Pulse

Andre

Hello everyone, I am a fairly new user who has been reading many articles on here for a few years. I am just about to make a purchase on a hot tub and can use some advice. I have been considering a Limelight Pulse and a Jacuzzi J-365.

We wet tested the jacuzzi and liked the feel a lot, and liked the appearance moderately. All dealers in our area are unable to let us wet test a Pulse as they either dont have any, or the ones they have are sold and cant be filled. To get the Pulse we would have to order without a wet test. We like the Pulse looks better, but are not sure about the feel. The dealer who we would purchase from has told us Jacuzzi jets have less pressure and therefore for my wife who is sensitive to the feel, would like the Jacuzzi better. Would everyone agree with that?

What are everyones thoughts in regards to quality J365 vs Pulse?

The deal we have on the J365 is: $9100 + tax, includes: delivery (we are 1.5 hrs away), hook up and filling with water, orientation, spa lifter, steps, and chemicals. Thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone!

Well, everyone is different, so don't put too much stock in what I have to say. The Jacuzzi J365 was one of the tubs that I liked best, based on feel and appearance. I would hesitate to buy without a wet test, but some do and it works out okay. For us, the J365 fit us very well, the Pulse did not. Maybe you can slow things down a bit and wait until one of the Limelight dealers has one you can test. A dealer once offered to order a tub for us to try and said that he would use it as a display model if we were not interested since it was a tub that was a poplular model for him but he did not currently have in stock. If the Limelight dealers won't have a Pulse for you to check out in the foreseeable future you can roll the dice or just buy the J-365. Assuming the dealers are solid and it is a quality tub, fit and feel is the most important criteria for me.

Well, everyone is different, so don't put too much stock in what I have to say. The Jacuzzi J365 was one of the tubs that I liked best, based on feel and appearance. I would hesitate to buy without a wet test, but some do and it works out okay. For us, the J365 fit us very well, the Pulse did not. Maybe you can slow things down a bit and wait until one of the Limelight dealers has one you can test. A dealer once offered to order a tub for us to try and said that he would use it as a display model if we were not interested since it was a tub that was a poplular model for him but he did not currently have in stock. If the Limelight dealers won't have a Pulse for you to check out in the foreseeable future you can roll the dice or just buy the J-365. Assuming the dealers are solid and it is a quality tub, fit and feel is the most important criteria for me.

Thanks for the thoughts. What do you think about the pricing and quality of one versus the other. I liked the Jacuzzi well enough assuming the deal was good and quality equal to or better than the Pulse. Thoughts?

I believe the quality of the J365 is definitely equal to or better than the Pulse. Also take a look at the warranties to see how they compare, which I cannot recall. It is not a big deal and part of what you pay for a higher priced tub is usually more warranty coverage. Both manufacturers are known for addressing issues so you can't really favor one over the other in that regard.

As for price, that can vary quite a bit in different parts of the country. I can't recall the pricing I got on those tubs and deleted the file that I used to maintain with pricing but I remember that both were higher than what was being reported by buyers in other parts of the country, which of course isn't necessarily reliable info. I do recall that the J365 was priced higher than the Pulse in my area.