Balboa 2000Le M Series Circulator Pump 120V To 240V Conversion

I am helping a friend replace his spa pack, I am very familar with installing these types of packs I have installed several of them before but we specifically asked for a spa pack set up with a 220 volt circulator pump and they sent the pack set up for a 120 volt circulator pump. When I contacted them about it they said it can be used for either but you have to have a certified spa tech contact balboa for the jumper wire conversion and will no accept a return because we have already installed the pack. Can someone please direct me to where to move the jumper wires to convert the circulator pump to 240 volt? The cover of the pack shows how to covert the blower/ozone from 120 v to 240 volt but no diagrahm for the circulator pump.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!

I am helping a friend replace his spa pack, I am very familar with installing these types of packs I have installed several of them before but we specifically asked for a spa pack set up with a 220 volt circulator pump and they sent the pack set up for a 120 volt circulator pump. When I contacted them about it they said it can be used for either but you have to have a certified spa tech contact balboa for the jumper wire conversion and will no accept a return because we have already installed the pack. Can someone please direct me to where to move the jumper wires to convert the circulator pump to 240 volt? The cover of the pack shows how to covert the blower/ozone from 120 v to 240 volt but no diagrahm for the circulator pump.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!

It's the same as for blower or ozone. Move the neutral conductor for that circuit to "Red AC" for 240 volt operation.

John

Thank you for the reply and I had thought that too and it does not work. I tries it and the circulator pump does not come on, tested the pump and the pump works fine even switched the jumpers back to the original spot and tried that to see if it was something else and the pump tries to work but of course does not have the correct power so the motor just surges. So when I switches the white wire/neutral to red 240 just as the diagram explains for the blower the motor does not power on. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

• 3 months later...