Damaged Spa: Recommended Course Of Action For Fix?

Hi All, I've been reading up quite a bit on this forum and I must say this is a very informative forum with great info on a wide variety of topics with regards to pool and spa. I recently hired someone to replace tiles in my in-ground pool and I've noticed the situation below after the removal of the jacuzzi tiles. Does anyone have experience with this type of damage as to why and how it happened? any recommendation on how to go about repairing it? I appreciate any input and advise you may give.

8a9b464e.jpg

cdbfcded.jpg

e56ed49e.jpg

ec25c1a9.jpg

a2123cab.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I won't even go into the problems you were having or might not have noticed you were having with the shell in this condition. You are going to have to have someone (unless you are experienced at packing) remove all the loose chunks, ensure the integrity (repair/retie as needed, NV code requires 2' overlay for non surcharged areas along with the depth, and bond beam requirements, bla bla bla) of the steel and re-pack. Then re-plaster the entire spa (you can't patch). You will need professionals to handle this. Fortunately(SP?) I don't see any plumbing in the damwall.

Too late to tell what caused it as this has been partly cut open already to remove the cracks and loose material. I think the wall and steel are toast. Cut it, epoxy new rebar, reform it and shoot a new wall.

Then you might get away with patching the coping. A plastering in also called for.

Scott