Sundance Air Diverter Not Shutting Off Air To Jets

I have a 2009 sundance altamar that i just bought. Doing decontamination right now. I am finding that the seat next to the control panel on pump 1, i can't adjust the air injection. It's stuck on no matter what i do with the diverter valve. I took it out and changed it with a known working one and it did not fix it and i put the one from the bad seat into another location and it works fine so i know it isn't the control valve.

Does this mean i have a bad air check valve somewhere, or even a hole in the air line? I assume the air intake is just a venturi effect and there's no forced air anywhere correct?

Thanks

Steve

Not familiar with that particular model, but some spas incorporate the air flow control as an adjustment of individual jet bezels (spinning each jet to adjust air flow). Try calling a dealer with your model and serial number handy, and they'll know if the seat is adjustable, or permanently on.

so I narrowed this down some. I took out the air valve and plugged it up with a damp towel. Still get bubbles. Took the air inlet hose and put my hand over it. Almost no suction and it didn't stop the bubbles. So that leads me to believe the air valve is fine. This is on the lounger so there's three hoses coming off the valve. two small ones to the feet that are clamped on and a big flex that goes somewhere into the foam to the seat. I took the foot hoses off and put my finger over them and the bubbles stopped. This tells me there is a hole in the main seat lines somewhere.

Guess i just have to start digging. Any easy thoughts on how to find an air leak? maybe use an air compressor and some kind of indicator? The lounge jets are almost too strong with the air injectors on blast

• 5 weeks later...

Found my problem. The pvc manifold that all the venturi lines come off of for the lounge was cracked. The end somehow broke off. Slapped a bunch of PVC cement on the end and stuck it back on. Seemed to hold just fine since there is no pressure on it. Probably happened when we moved it as the manifold is tucked right up against the shell