Test Kits For Ace System?

Hi, I got a HS vanguard a few months ago with ACE and have just been using the 5 in 1 test strips that came with it. System seems to be working fine and I haven't had any issues (though it has only been a few months) I was wondering what sort of test kit I should go with when the strips run out? I was looking at taylor kits on amazon and it seemed a bit confusing as to what to get as it seems like I need a full kit for either the chlormine or bromine and then need to buy the reagent for whichever one didn't come with the kit. Any thoughts to help out a slightly confused consumer would be appreciated.

I also have an ACE syetem in my Limelight Glow. For water testing I use a Taylor-K 2006:

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Complete-FAS-DPD-Water-K-2006/dp/B0002IXIIG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331086153&sr=8-1

For salt I use AqauCheck salt strips:

http://www.amazon.com/AquaChek-Salt-Swimming-Pool-Strips/dp/B002OLP1L6/ref=sr_1_sc_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1331086234&sr=8-12-spell

However I am thinking of going with the Taylor Kit for salt water systems for my salt tests in the future:

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Water-K-1766-Sodium-Chloride/dp/B00785W3RI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1331086331&sr=8-4

I can't stress enough the Taylor-K 2006, It is really worth every penny. See if your local pool store has one, my local pool store has the salt test strips at a resonable price. I try to buy local whenever I can.

You can get the Taylor K-2006 at a good price at Amato Industries or can buy it via Amazon links from PoolSolutions to help out The PoolForum or you can get Taylor chemicals in more logical quantities for ones you use the most from TFTestKits.

A couple of quick follow ups.

Do I need to test for bromine?

Also the control panel for the tub has a test for salt levels for the ACE system, is that just not very accurate?

You do not need to test for bromine, the ACE system produces chlorine.

On my limelight my salt test on the control is pretty close to the salt test strips. However I like knowing exactly what the ppm is for my salt, Hot Springs suggested to me to have a higher salt level (1500ppm+). I like to keep mine around 1600ppm.

EDIT:

I test for;

TA

CH

pH

Salinty

FC

Thanks! I only ask about the bromine because the test strips that came with the tub had that and it always seemed to get a reading. Appreciate the responses, going to get that taylor kit.

The test for chlorine and bromine is the same the scale is just different.( maybe and over simplification but ...)