Looking At A New (Used) Spa

hjames710

So, we've decided that we love our spa, a 1994 HotSprings Jetsetter, and would like to upgrade to a larger/newer spa. I was looking at this one specifically, but the only thing that worries me is the crack. However, it is above the water line, and I could drill and seal it. Good deal as long as it's up and running? http://denver.craigslist.org/for/2877370576.html

In my opinion, I would not buy it. If you have decided not to buy new, I would wait till a newer model became available. There are great deals on later models as people buy them as a novelty and then sell soon at a big loss. If you are patient, you will be reqarded in my opinion. I was never interested in a used hot tub. It meant waiting to save but it was worth it to me. Good luck on whatever you do.

The crack above the waterline is easy to fix from a functional standpoint as long as you don't mind seeing the repair there later as you may not be able to blend it in well unless you're very well skilled in this type of repair and have the material needed to fill it to the proper color (or you can ignore trying to blend it in color wise and just make a functional repair and not worry about aesthetics). The price is fine and this may be a very good deal if its fully operational which is indeed the main thing with used spas. Hopefully the cover has some life left in it.