Sundance Spa, Sprung A Leak Somewhere

cpuKEN

The past few months I've only used my Sundance spa about 6-8 times.

I went to the gym this morning and decided to take a soak, After about 15 minutes I noticed the water level was just at the top row of jets. I made mental note to add some water once I finished my soak. After a few more minutes it was obvious the water level was falling because the top row of jets were now spewing water into the air. By the time I got out and dried off the top jets were not submerged at all. I showered and decided to wait to see how far down the level would drop. In the meantime I went back and lowered the temp from 104 degrees down to 80 degrees to minimize how often the pumps would come on (they come on when the heater fires up).

The water seems to be stable just below the top row of jets and above the next row.

Any ideas what I'm looking at here. The last time I called the dealer for service it was going to take many days before they could fit me in so that's why I haven't made that call yet... figuring nothing is going to happen right away.

The past few months I've only used my Sundance spa about 6-8 times.

I went to the gym this morning and decided to take a soak, After about 15 minutes I noticed the water level was just at the top row of jets. I made mental note to add some water once I finished my soak. After a few more minutes it was obvious the water level was falling because the top row of jets were now spewing water into the air. By the time I got out and dried off the top jets were not submerged at all. I showered and decided to wait to see how far down the level would drop. In the meantime I went back and lowered the temp from 104 degrees down to 80 degrees to minimize how often the pumps would come on (they come on when the heater fires up).

The water seems to be stable just below the top row of jets and above the next row.

Any ideas what I'm looking at here. The last time I called the dealer for service it was going to take many days before they could fit me in so that's why I haven't made that call yet... figuring nothing is going to happen right away.

Well, I was wrong, I thought the water loss had stopped earlier but I checked it again 24 hours later and there's barely water remaining in the foot well (maybe 8-10 inches). So, that sort of tells me it's not a leaking around a particular jet but in the main plumbing or motor. Turns out it is still under warranty. Should have a visit from the dealer sometime in the next week or two. (Sundance Hawthorne)