Heater Test 2004 Sundance Altimar

sundancekidd

My 2004 Sundance Altimar was tripping the breaker. I disconnected (one at a time) the circulation pump, blower, pump 1 hi and low, pump 2, then the heater. It stays running with the heater disconnected. Does that sound like the problem or is there other testing that should be done before throwing $ at the tub? The heater was replaced 2 years ago. I have a multimeter. Can I test the temp sensor and high temp limiter? Will a different 240V 5.5w heater work in place of the $undance heater?

if the breaker only trips with the heater hooked up, and doesnt with it unhooked, then yes its the heater. And yes, you "could" put any heater you want to as long as it fits, but only if you are willing to make changes/adaptions to your system.

if the breaker only trips with the heater hooked up, and doesnt with it unhooked, then yes its the heater. And yes, you "could" put any heater you want to as long as it fits, but only if you are willing to make changes/adaptions to your system.

the sensors will not trip the breaker, good or bad

I had the heater out tonight and it still looked like new. The original heater had an obvious short. Is there a way to test this one? I was thinking that maybe a motor was drawing too much power and with the heater on too it was enough to trip the breaker. Do you know if the element is available separately? This element (25-3016 Heater Element, 240V, 5.5KW, 12") is also 240V and 5.5w. Is there any reason it wouldn't work?