Anyone Own An Arctic Tundra?

PeopleEater

I'm getting to the closing stages of buying a hot tub and was wondering if anyone that owns a Tundra could give me some feedback. I live in southern Ontario so the tub will see a bit of cold climate (in comparison to the 40 below in Alberta!). I also like the Sundance and Hotspring but the Arctic is ahead in my opinion. I'm just waiting for the the local dealer to get a Tundra in so I can try a wet test.

Anyways, any feedback and possibly what I should be paying would be greatly appreciated.

I'm getting to the closing stages of buying a hot tub and was wondering if anyone that owns a Tundra could give me some feedback. I live in southern Ontario so the tub will see a bit of cold climate (in comparison to the 40 below in Alberta!). I also like the Sundance and Hotspring but the Arctic is ahead in my opinion. I'm just waiting for the the local dealer to get a Tundra in so I can try a wet test.

Anyways, any feedback and possibly what I should be paying would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum..... but please don't eat any of our members. :unsure:

You will get a great deal of feedback on those three brands. A search for "Tundra" will bring you specific information both pro and con; "Sundance" or "Hotspring" might be a little too general but questions about a specific model will receive attention from helpful dealers and owners here.

Happy Spa Shopping

Tom

PS It was only -20C this morning south of Edmonton, not as cold as it has been but still a long way from spring.

If you have any questions on the Arctic Spas, I've been a dealer for 8 years here in Breckenridge, CO.

All three are good brands. What makes sence to you? Pick a dealer that your comfortable with.

If you're going to wet test I'd suggest you try to do so test back to back, same day. This will give you a good frame of reference as you go from one dealer to another. Also, I agree that a certain comfort level that the dealer(s) will be there after the sale for you can go a long way toward making your buying/owning experience a good one.

Hello, I live in the Cambridge Ontario area, and bought a Tundra in August, its been great so far, no complaints, very comfortable, I find the seating being at different levels great for my family, I bought the designer series which is quite basic, has the air bubbles which I use a lot more than i thought i would and im in it almost every night no matter how cold its been. They should have one at the upper james location in hamilton, you could still buy it from your local guy. Sorry not to chatty tonight for more details, just had a baby a week ago (my wife did, i just watched lol) any specific questions you may pm me.

• 1 month later...

<< I'm getting to the closing stages of buying a hot tub and was wondering if anyone that owns a Tundra could give me some feedback. >>

I live in Colorado and bought an Arctic Summit about 5 months ago. You will be really pleased with the energy consumption in your climate. The problem is that Arctic is buying thier jets from a Chinese manufacturer. The jets are made from polycarbonate (a material that degrades with temperature, humidity and some chemical classes). Of the 33 jets in the tub, more than 80 have failed (there would be more but the dealer's not stocking and Arctic seems to not want to ship replacements anymore). The dealer blames the Chinese plastic, Arctic blames the chemical the dealer uses, recommends and sold me. It has become clear that the dealer and manufacturer are jerking me around, I am now having to pursue legal action.

Other than that, Arctic is great spa...

I live in Colorado and bought an Arctic Summit about 5 months ago. You will be really pleased with the energy consumption in your climate. The problem is that...of the 33 jets in the tub, more than 80 have failed...The dealer blames the Chinese plastic, Arctic blames the chemical the dealer uses, recommends and sold me.

Other than that, Arctic is great spa...

A classic "praise sandwich" - two positives with a negative in the middle. Please see this Followup