Help Installing E-Z Lifter On 95' Hotspring Grandee

AMG

I read through the instructions and it seems all pretty easy, except for mounting the brackets to the base of the spa. As you can see from the photos, the brackets are too tall to fit in to where the gap is for the base of the spa. I would think I have a few options, some probably are wrong, maybe you have others? Anyone have experience installing this in this situation?

1. Turn the bracket down and screw it in to my concrete.

I don't like the idea of mounting to the concrete. I will if I have to. I'd need to go to the HD and pick up some concrete anchors though and a new bit to drill in.

2. Buy a piece of wood that is very hard and strong, and cut it so that it extends that section out and allows me to have a flush mounting point to secure the brackets to.

This seems logical. I think the wood base of the spa is actually beginning to rot a bit too, so if I cut a long piece, I could potentially put some wood glue on one side, screw it in a handful of times. This might give me even more support for the brackets as the length of the new piece disperses the load

3. Screw to the siding. This is probably not very strong, but I dont know. I banged on the siding with my fist and I feel areas that seem very solid, there is probably some structural beams behind.

4. Return this and buy something else.

This is a PITA. I already opened the box, I've tried assembling some, i have some scratches on the metal where the tubes go together. It's not "BNIB" anymore. Besides, something else would probably cost me more money and i'd have to wait, and pay shipping back, etc. Ugh!

ezlifter_1.JPG

ezlifter_2.JPG

ezlifter_3.JPG

I would mount it to the deck. I wouldn't use anchors. Tapcons will do just fine.

The wood on the side of the tub is just there for aesthetic reasons, I doubt you'd hit anything behind it, it's very thin, and may even fall off of it's own accord, much less support the weight of a cover.

When you get rid of the spa, you can fill in the cement holes very easily and quickly if you desire.

Another option is to slice the bracket so it fits. Two screws will hold it in place no problem.

I would mount it to the deck. I wouldn't use anchors. Tapcons will do just fine.

The wood on the side of the tub is just there for aesthetic reasons, I doubt you'd hit anything behind it, it's very thin, and may even fall off of it's own accord, much less support the weight of a cover.

When you get rid of the spa, you can fill in the cement holes very easily and quickly if you desire.

Another option is to slice the bracket so it fits. Two screws will hold it in place no problem.

What about buying a piece of hard wood that is like 3 feet long, and like 2" square (or whatever exact size it is) so that it fills that gap under the siding. Sits flush against the black bottom wood part. Then I screw in to that. Then I will have the ability to screw in to that on the bottom 2, and the top 2 would go in the siding, but the bottom 2 would probably provide good strength.

Maybe just using tapcon's to go in to the concreate is fine. I've used those before.

What about buying a piece of hard wood that is like 3 feet long, and like 2" square (or whatever exact size it is) so that it fills that gap under the siding. Sits flush against the black bottom wood part. Then I screw in to that. Then I will have the ability to screw in to that on the bottom 2, and the top 2 would go in the siding, but the bottom 2 would probably provide good strength.

Maybe just using tapcon's to go in to the concreate is fine. I've used those before.

Thats what I would do as it'll be quick, simple and should be effective.

Thats what I would do as it'll be quick, simple and should be effective.

Perfect.

I bought a pressure treated 4x4 and used my table saw to rip it to the desired thickness (like 2 1/8" by 2" x 3') and then screwed it in. strong as can be and gave me a good solid point to mount to. the Ez-Lifter works great.