Sundance Optima - Good Price?

pburgguy

I am new to the forum and looking to purchase a Sundance Optima and would like to know if the cost is good.

It is the Optima with the following options

Stereo

Ozone

cover

cover lifter

steps

The price will be 11680 plus Tax. Let me know if this is a good price.

That price may be OK but personally I would have them also give me a price for the same package but without the stereo so I can truly determine what the spa is costing me (plus I'm not a fan of those stereos in spas, they don't last and they're not cheap).

The other options are pretty standard so I wouldn't ask for any breakdown other than with and without the stereo.

We were shopping in August at the dealer in Nashua NH and he had a price of $9895 for Optima, ozone, JBL stereo, cover, delivery, starter chemicals. Deal was only good on the mahogony cabinet with platinum tub. We weren't picky about color so this didn't concern us. Lifter and steps were not included but I think these are each about $200 so maybe $10,300 all in?

Not sure if this is still available or whether the promotion ended in August but at a minimum, knowing they were willing to do a price like this would indicate their should be some additional room to maneuver.

Good luck!

(we ended up getting an Arctic Tundra as we liked the seating/jets better, Optima was a close second)

I paid 10325. no Stereo or Ozone + 6% Tax

cover

cover lifter

steps

Start Up Kit

Rebate of $500.00 Visa card from Sundance June of 2011 in Maryland

SouthSideDean, was your price 10325 including Tax, or 10325 + 6% tax so 10945?? Trying to find out how much without stereo to see, not sure how much the Ozone or Stereo costs.

Thank you,

I paid 10325. no Stereo or Ozone + 6% Tax

cover

cover lifter

steps

Start Up Kit

Rebate of $500.00 Visa card from Sundance June of 2011 in Maryland

SouthSideDean, was your price 10325 including Tax, or 10325 + 6% tax so 10945?? Trying to find out how much without stereo to see, not sure how much the Ozone or Stereo costs.

Thank you,

It was 10325 + 6% Tax and a Rebate of $500.00 Visa card from Sundance June of 2011 in Maryland. Very happy with the Optima. It's very hard to find out if you are getting a good deal when you are shopping for a spa can't go to two or three dealers. Good luck !!! Sundance is having a sale http://www.sundancespas.com/

I recently paid $9750 for a 2011 Optima, with cover, cover lifter, start up kit (+ extra Nature2 chems), upgraded steps (that match the cabinet - not the plastic ones), and of course delivery & setup. It was a floor model, but had only been on the floor for 2 weeks. The dealer would have included the ozone, but recommended against it as it has a shorter life than the tub and requires constant releasing of gas to protect cover. I don't know if that's because they highly recommended the Nature2 system? Also, the dealer said the stereo system was a waste of money and recommended against it.

On a side note? LOVE the tub! The foot jets are awesome and the water-to-air ratio in the jets, as well as the customization options and hydrotherapy bubbles, make the experience. You'll be happy!!

I recently paid $9750 for a 2011 Optima, with cover, cover lifter, start up kit (+ extra Nature2 chems), upgraded steps (that match the cabinet - not the plastic ones), and of course delivery & setup. It was a floor model, but had only been on the floor for 2 weeks. The dealer would have included the ozone, but recommended against it as it has a shorter life than the tub and requires constant releasing of gas to protect cover. I don't know if that's because they highly recommended the Nature2 system? Also, the dealer said the stereo system was a waste of money and recommended against it.

On a side note? LOVE the tub! The foot jets are awesome and the water-to-air ratio in the jets, as well as the customization options and hydrotherapy bubbles, make the experience. You'll be happy!!

The dealer also recommend against the ozone for me to. Love the foot jets to

Alright, so I have done some more research.

Got some other prices and went to Jacuzzi dealer.

With Audio and everything else, Ozone, cover, cover lifter, steps, starter kit.

Sundance Optima - 11,680 + tax

Jacuzzi J 470 - 11,500 + tax

Without Audio and with everything else

Sundance Optima new - 10,750 + tax

Sundance Optima Floor model - 10,280 + tax.

With only one dealer for each manufacturer it is tough to get a good cost with no competition.

We wet tested the optima and a Hot Springs tub, and the Optima was our favorite, have not tested a Jacuzzi brand yet.

My first choice is the Optima with the audio but need to know if one the cost is good and two if I should get Sundance over Jacuzzi. I have also asked for a better price on the Optima with audio and waiting for response tomorrow.

Let me know what you all think, I appreciate all the comments.

Thank you

Just to let everyone know.

Updated cost on Optima with audio, I did get them talked down to 11,215 + tax.

So here is everything.

Sundance Optima - 11,215 + tax

I really want the Audio, but cleared up the Sundance yesterday, no Ipod docking station(not a big deal), but the thing that really stinks is the remote does not control the jets anymore for Sundance. Also it appears the 1GB hard drive is gone as well. These are still available though on the Jacuzzi 400 series.

What is the better tub Sundance or Jacuzzi, I know same company, but which one is better.

Thanks,

Just to let everyone know.

Updated cost on Optima with audio, I did get them talked down to 11,215 + tax.

So here is everything.

Sundance Optima - 11,215 + tax

I really want the Audio, but cleared up the Sundance yesterday, no Ipod docking station(not a big deal), but the thing that really stinks is the remote does not control the jets anymore for Sundance. Also it appears the 1GB hard drive is gone as well. These are still available though on the Jacuzzi 400 series.

What is the better tub Sundance or Jacuzzi, I know same company, but which one is better.

Thanks,

Whichever one suits your needs, and passes your wet test with flying colors.

Always wet test both, and never sign the night you wet test, for the salesman that is like shooting a cow in a pen.

Alright still confused, the Jacuzzi dealer gave me a better deal without asking for a lower price.

J470 with audio is 10,500 + tax, so about 700 less before tax then the Sundance Optima.

We are going to wet test the J470 this week, I really like both tubs, really like the Jacuzzi remote and lights.

Which filtration is better, does one have a better warranty level then the other, what about the jets any opinion which one is better.

Just need help indecisive on which one and concerned if the wet test goes well on the 470 then which one to get. Maybe we will hate the 470 so it will help us decide.

ANy help would be appreciated, any dealers out there that sell both that can help would also be appreciated.

Thank you,