Flo Error Displayed

El Gigante

I bought a house and the previous owners left behind their 5 person Jacuzzi. I recently cleaned it out, filled it up, and turned it on. For full disclosure, no, I did not clean the filters.

When I turned it on, it seemed like everything was working. The lights come on, the jets go on, but I am getting a FLO error displayed on the panel. In looking this up, it says that the circulating pump may not have been primed. I followed the two recommended methods in the manual for priming the pump and I still get the error.

I did a little bit of online research and figuring the filter may be restricting flow, I ensured there was nothing floating in the tub, removed the filters and tried starting it. Same FLO error displayed.

Anyone have any advice on how to diagnose this?

Put new filters in and make sure you get all the air out of them. I get the Flo message on the Sundance when I put a filter in. I just tilt one end up and let all the bubbles come out and then push it down and tighten it.

I got the message even with no filters in place though. The water sits calm even when the message is displayed. Shouldn't the circulating pump be running when FLO is displayed?

I will buy new filters anyway as I don't know the age of the filters and I a sure they need to be replaced. What else should I look for?

I sometimes get a flo error on my spa after a power outage. It usually happens when the power flickers before it goes out. The programming gets messed up and it sets itself to having pumps that it doesn't have.

I have a spa with 2 pumps. After the last outage it had set itself to 3 pumps + a 24 hour circulation pump. I guess the controller on my spa can be used for several different models.

I have seen this before so it took <2 minutes in front of the keypad to set it to the right number of pumps.

I sometimes get a flo error on my spa after a power outage. It usually happens when the power flickers before it goes out. The programming gets messed up and it sets itself to having pumps that it doesn't have.

I have a spa with 2 pumps. After the last outage it had set itself to 3 pumps + a 24 hour circulation pump. I guess the controller on my spa can be used for several different models.

I have seen this before so it took <2 minutes in front of the keypad to set it to the right number of pumps.

How do you program the number of pumps?

^ Best way is with a multi-meter. Set it for continuity or resistance. Remove the two wires to the pressure switch and check for an open and close state. If water is flowing it should be closed. No water flow = open.

You may want to search for some other threads as this is a common complaint and has been discussed thoroughly on this site.

• 3 weeks later...

I solved my problem. I had the access panel off and turned the jacuzzi on. All four pumps powered up and the circulating pump sounded like it couldn't get a prime going. The manual said that to prime it by putting a hose in the inlet where the filter was closest to the waterfall. On a hunch, I put it in the other one and lo and behold, I now have a working jacuzzi. On to other issues like replacing the radio, the head rests, and the diverter gates.

Thanks everyone.