New To Hot Tubbing

JPHarley

Been reading on this forum trying to get my New Spa water where it needs to be.

I first filled it last friday and tried to follow the instructions on here but my water looked bad so I drained it on Sunday and refilled it.

It's a Laguna Bay X6-not very popular I see by reading this forum. It holds 350 gallons and does have an ozonator. I have put nothing in the water yet hoping to get it right this time. In west texas water is scarce. Anyway I went today and had the water tested at a spa and pool place where they give you a readout from a machine they put a test strip in. This is the results.

Saturation idx - 0.7

TDS: 1300

Total Bromine - 0

PH - 7.9

TA - 106

Total Hardness - 390

Instructions are to add 1 TBS of PH Decreaser.

Should I just follow the 3 step Bromine program as described here or do I need to do something different? I did order and receive the Taylor 2106 test kit.

Thanks for any help.

JP

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am curious to know how you like the Laguna Bay.

I dunno about other brands, but I really like Laguna Bay Spas. My hubby and I bought one for Christmas last year, the X12, and we use it daily. We live where we get a lot of snow and a lot of rain, which isn't a problem because we use the cover that was provided to us. It stays hot too and doesn't take a lot of reheating over and over again. For the price and the extra perks you get, like the cover and they ship for free, it's awesome. We've yet to experience a problem, either mechanical or otherwise, and we don't expect to.

Been reading on this forum trying to get my New Spa water where it needs to be.

I first filled it last friday and tried to follow the instructions on here but my water looked bad so I drained it on Sunday and refilled it.

It's a Laguna Bay X6-not very popular I see by reading this forum. It holds 350 gallons and does have an ozonator. I have put nothing in the water yet hoping to get it right this time. In west texas water is scarce. Anyway I went today and had the water tested at a spa and pool place where they give you a readout from a machine they put a test strip in. This is the results.

Saturation idx - 0.7

TDS: 1300

Total Bromine - 0

PH - 7.9

TA - 106

Total Hardness - 390

Instructions are to add 1 TBS of PH Decreaser.

Should I just follow the 3 step Bromine program as described here or do I need to do something different? I did order and receive the Taylor 2106 test kit.

Thanks for any help.

JP

Never go with out sanitizer. Bromine or chlorine does not matter you should always have some in the water to keep in clean. Treat sanitation and water balance as 2 different issues. Your balance is important but can wait. You can be patient with it and play with it over time to get it right. You will eventually learn what your water needs to be in balance. But your sanitation needs can't wait. While your sanitizer will effect your water balance, again, do not wait to sanitize your water. The small changes in your balance that are a result of your sanitizer can wait. You can be patient with them and figure them out. If your PH is to low it won't be a tub full of acid and effect your health when you get in. If your tub is not sanitized it can effect your health. Play with your PH with PH down. But sanitize first.