Cover lifting mechanisms

Amanda

Rocking thing-a-ma-bobbers, shelfs, rolling arms, low-mounted, high mounted, deck mounted, hydrolics or shocks, lifters that set the cover up like a wall for protection from the peeping tom neighbor, or lifters that set the cover on the side of the spa to keep the view un-obstucted. As if there weren't enough choices already! :wacko:

It seems that most of the time this isn't discussed or thought about when purchasing a spa and a generic "coverlift" is thrown into a deal. Avoid being stuck with the wrong one by bringing this up when thinking about how your spa will be placed at your home.

Think about where the spa is going.

Do you want to have a view or be protected from some wierdo looking in on your private spa moments?

Is it going in a gazebo? Make sure there is clearance.

Lacking "Mr. T" arm strength? Which one will be the easiest to lift? I've seen some that still require 2 people! Why would that even be in existance?!?!

Wondering about clearance to the side of the house or the built in deck? Get measurements of how much space is needed for the mounting brackets of the one you'd like.

Either way, some form of lifting mechanism is very helpful because without one, it can be awkward and cumbersome to use your spa and your hardcover may not last as long when it's being dragged and thrown around.

Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I clearly stated that is was not related.

OMG! Whoooo boy... still laughing. Getting hard to write... Oh, good one. I think this may have to go into the kindergarten section.... too funny. I really appreciate that because I was a Karaoke hostess on the side for a little while. I know, my post about coverlifts was cheesy but a lot of people ask me about them. I think this topic will get a lot more response now since there were none before your "thought".

ROTFLMAO! (rolling on the floor - laughing my ^$s off) :lol: