Leak On 2001 Cal Spa

tfrounfe

I have dug out as much foam as I could and used the dye method to pin point the leak with good results. I have found the leak to be at a 5 port manifold. Attached is a picture showing the location and leak. What is the best way to replace this junction?

Thanks for any help.CIMG6839.jpg

Devcon's Plastic Welder works great but it doesn't look like you'll be able to get the epoxy around the whole joint. See if you can loosen and pull the whole tube out of the manifold. If so, you can clean the joint and re-glue it. If not, you'll likely have to replumb the whole manifold along with the elbow or tee connected on the 2" side.

i see it leaking , is it just coming out of one of the ports, or is it also leaking at the joint before. If it just at the port , you may be able to cut the flex of near the port and you might be able to hone out the flex in the port, use of a ram bit works good then reglue in the flex...if it is also leaking at the other end of the manifold also, you will need to remove pvc farther in, past that 45 degree elbow i believe i see, . that is not a fun one on the manifold...

I added more to the picture of where it is exactly leaking. It is a small leak with the pump turned off, but when it's running, the leak is more like a spray.

While I would be thrilled to just use some Devcon and be done with it, I want to make sure that it is done right and I'm not have to re-do it.

Spa Guy, can you confirm my picture of where I should make the cuts?

Thanks

CIMG68391.jpg

i see it leaking , is it just coming out of one of the ports, or is it also leaking at the joint before. If it just at the port , you may be able to cut the flex of near the port and you might be able to hone out the flex in the port, use of a ram bit works good then reglue in the flex...if it is also leaking at the other end of the manifold also, you will need to remove pvc farther in, past that 45 degree elbow i believe i see, . that is not a fun one on the manifold...