Mineral Springs Ms-10 Salt Generator Registering Low Salt Content

I went on vacation for 2 weeks and turned the main power off on my pool. I own an in-ground, 20,000 gallon saltwater pool monitored by a Mineral Springs MS-10 Salt Generator. When I left for vacation, the mineral salinity registered 2900 ppm. When I got back, it seems to be registering at 3.30 ppm. I found out that we had a fair amount of rain while I was gone, but am I understanding that my pool salinity dropped by over 2600 ppm in that two weeks, or is there something wrong with my equipment?

On a side note, I bought six 40-lb. bags of pool salt from a retailer to see if that would help and it only raised the salinity 1 ppm.

Any advise would help.

Thanks

check the cell for scale and try cleaning it.

Do you have an autofill on your pool? They have overflow drains but you would have had to get a LOT of rain to drop your salt that much. Has your CYA level also dropped? IF so it's dilution, if not it's probably a dirty cell.

Your CYA should be at 80 ppm for your unit.

If you have borates in your pool the reading for borate should also be the same if it is the cell and not dilution. If it has dropped it's dilution.

Adding 240 lbs of salt to a 20k gallon pool should raise you about 1400 ppm which is another reason to suspect scaling of the cell or a defective cell.

Posting a full set of test results (not done with strips) would help.

sounds like your box switch over to the metric setting, you say it shows a reading like 3.30, what temperature does it show? Hit the diagnostic button once, it should show the temperature, if it is in the 20's or 30's it is in metric, but to switch it back move the off-auto-super chlorinate button from auto to super chlorinate and it should switch it back to Fahrenheit.