Tell Me What Else I Should Know !

moscik81

After reading most of the topics on this forum i make conclusion that to become a happy hot tub user all i have to do is :

make sure my water chemistry stay on

ph 7.2-7.8

ta 120-180 ppm

bromine or chlorine 6-8 ppm

and check the water at lest every 3 days ( no time for everyday checking)

shock my water every week with 6-7 oz of bleach ( aprx 177 ml ) $$$$ saver :)

change my water twice a year

never use any cream, lotion, sunblock before entering hot tub

shock with bleach after heavy bathing or party

never never pee in hot tub :)

Thanks for all the help and tell me what else i should know

There is no way the TA should be 120-180 if you will be using bleach as your chlorine source. I don't know where you got that. Such a high TA would be for something like Trichlor use in pools and maybe the low-end of that TA for bromine tab use in spas and maybe Dichlor-only use. See Dichlor/bleach Method In A Nutshell and Bromine For Beginners.

this is my water chemistry

ph 7.3

ta 200

hardness 80-90

I was pretty sure that TA should be at level of 130-400

C. IF you calcium hardness is below 130 ppm raise it to 130-150. If it is above 400 then add an anti stain and scale or calcium reducer to the spa weekly. If it is between 130-400 you are fine.
. My Misreading :(

Now how can i raise hardness and lower my Ta at the same time :) Thank you

You need to figure out what sort of system you are going to use and then you can follow the instructions in the links I gave. The Dichlor/bleach link has a link in it for how to lower total alkalinity, but how far you should lower it depends on whether you will be using Dichlor-then-bleach, Dichlor-only, or bromine (2-step or 3-step systems).

So for the bromine step 2 methond can i use blech to shock or not?

Yes, with a bromine system you can use any source of chlorine including bleach or you can use non-chlorine shock (MPS) to create more bromine from the bromide bank. However, most people use the 3-step bromine system that includes bromine tabs so that they get the convenience of having bromine in the spa when they are not using it. That is most useful for those who don't use the spa every day or two.

The 2-step bromine system is as much work as Dichlor-only or Dichlor-then-bleach in that you have to add an oxidizer every day or perhaps every other day. You cannot go a week without adding anything with this system. [EDIT] UNLESS you have an ozonator in which case the ozone creates more bromine and the 2-step bromine method becomes low maintenance. [END-EDIT]