Converting From Baqua$Pa To Bromine.

My mother is visiting me from out of state and she has told me horror stories of her baqua$pa experience. She is a spa stores dream customer. Doesn't even use test strips, she just takes her water to the store and buys what ever they tell her. She spends about $100 a month and never has good water. I told her with 3 step bromine, a Taylor test kit, and generic chemicals she could have clear water for $100 a year.

What is the procedure for converting from Baqua$pa to bromine???

My mother is visiting me from out of state and she has told me horror stories of her baqua$pa experience. She is a spa stores dream customer. Doesn't even use test strips, she just takes her water to the store and buys what ever they tell her. She spends about $100 a month and never has good water. I told her with 3 step bromine, a Taylor test kit, and generic chemicals she could have clear water for $100 a year.

What is the procedure for converting from Baqua$pa to bromine???

Drain, clean the filters WELL, refill tub, shock with chlorine (bleach) to at least 30 ppm AND KEEP IT THERE BY ADDING MORE BLEACH AS NEEDED when the FC drops to about 20 ppm until there is no CC and the water is clear (don't be surprised if you go though a lot of bleach--you want to oxidize all the biguanide in the pipes), REPLACE THE FILTERS (VERY IMPORTANT), Let the FC drop to about 10 or 15 ppm and add the sodium bromide, and then put in the floater.

If you feel that you also need to decontaminate the tub because you had biofilms like white water mold or pink slime you can do it by draining the tub after oxidizing all the biguanide and replacing the filters and then draining and refilling and starting the 3 step bromine but it usually is not necessary.

If you get a Taylor K-2106 you will not be able to test for combined chlorine so I would get a Taylor K-2006 and once the conversion is complete you would test for bromine by doing the FC test and multiplying the result of the test by 2.25 to get total bromine. (For example, using a 10 sample it takes 4 drops for the solution to turn clear. This would be 2 ppm FC if we were using chlorine but since we are using bromine we multiply the 2 ppm by 2.25 to get 4.5 ppm total bromine.) You will not need the CYA test included in the kit not will you need the R-0003 reagent once you start using bromine.