Aqua Pure 1400

I have an AP 1400 and about a month ago i had a 187 code i believe that was the reverse not working. I cleaned the cell and it was pretty dirty. Now it does not appear to be generating any chlorine. I have cleaned the sensor as well. I have had the pool about 4 years and i believe the cell was replaced about 2 years ago under warranty. How do I determine if its the cell or the entire unit? I love the saltwater pool, I'm not so sure its less maintenance cost as the builder stated(and he has gone out of business after 20 years).

I have an AP 1400 and about a month ago i had a 187 code i believe that was the reverse not working. I cleaned the cell and it was pretty dirty. Now it does not appear to be generating any chlorine. I have cleaned the sensor as well. I have had the pool about 4 years and i believe the cell was replaced about 2 years ago under warranty. How do I determine if its the cell or the entire unit? I love the saltwater pool, I'm not so sure its less maintenance cost as the builder stated(and he has gone out of business after 20 years).

I had a problem on my salt system where I thought that my flow sensor was not working. I had a pool guy out looking at a plaster problem and I mentioned it and he suggested that numerous lights and problems can be resolved by a simple "reboot" of the salt system. I disconnected power from about a minute and the problem went away. This might be a simple thing to try first since it's easy and does not cost anything.

If this does not work, the first steps in t-shooting should be to look and see if you are getting any trouble lights. The 1400 should show if it's generating chlorine, if the salt is low and if it detects flow. The lights should give you an idea of what is going on. What makes you think that it is not working?

I had a problem on my salt system where I thought that my flow sensor was not working. I had a pool guy out looking at a plaster problem and I mentioned it and he suggested that numerous lights and problems can be resolved by a simple "reboot" of the salt system. I disconnected power from about a minute and the problem went away. This might be a simple thing to try first since it's easy and does not cost anything.

If this does not work, the first steps in t-shooting should be to look and see if you are getting any trouble lights. The 1400 should show if it's generating chlorine, if the salt is low and if it detects flow. The lights should give you an idea of what is going on. What makes you think that it is not working?

Rhumbline, Thanks for your post, I haven't tried that yet, but I may. I spoke to a pool guy and he told me my salt was too high. He said if it is in the 4's that I need to drain 18" and refill. He said that the Salt water chlorinator will shut down if it has too much salt. It is running between 4.2 and 4.6. Thanks for the help.

Rhumbline, Thanks for your post, I haven't tried that yet, but I may. I spoke to a pool guy and he told me my salt was too high. He said if it is in the 4's that I need to drain 18" and refill. He said that the Salt water chlorinator will shut down if it has too much salt. It is running between 4.2 and 4.6. Thanks for the help.

That's an easy thing to check. If you don't already have a salt test kit then that is a good thing to have anyway.