Concrete pool cost

Guest Curtis Nunn

Guest Curtis Nunn

We currently have an inground 18 x 36 diving liner pool. One of the sides has pushed in is need of repair at this point. The pool is approx 20 years old. So we have decided to either purchase a new pool or get the side repaired and a new liner installed (along with a new return line, since only have one at this point due to a leak that was capped off before we bought the house. Like I said it is an old pool). We recently went to a home show and now know more about our option, which at this point seem to total 4.

1. Repair Wall, replace liner, install another return line, touchup work, lights, etc

Estimate we received was around 10,000 (concerned about this as we now have a dog that will become quite large and loves water and we are afraid he will basically tear the liner up again)

2. Fiberglass pool, we received two different estimates. Both were around 50,000. Both included an autocover which ran around 6500. One included lights, a slide, diving board, and some other options; the other was basically just the pool. Neither included a pump, heater, or filter as ours is still in pretty good shape and are installed in a pool house. Nice option but we question the cost since we already have a pretty big hole dug. Their answer was the amount of concrete in our deck which actually increased the price.

3. Liner pool, brand new. We did not receive an estimate but were told it is less than fiberglass. However we are still concerned with the possible problem with the dog, plus we would like to make the pool a little larger if possible.

4. Concrete pool, here is where we have questions. Currently our pool is rectangle and runs north and south. We would really like this pool to be turned east and west and remain a rectangle due the auto-cover if installed. We would also like to increase the size to approx 20x40, 20x44. Mainly because this will give us much more decking space for parties and such. Common sense tells us that even though we hear concrete pools are the most expensive, would it not be cheaper for us in the long run going with concrete? Since this company we might use only installs concrete pools and I am pretty sure they probably get a better price. The dog problem would simply not be there and we could still get a slide and diving pool. I know it sounds like we our set on concrete but is the price going to be sticker shock for us. We have Blue Haven scheduled this week to give us an estimate and I just want to make sure we get a fair price.

If anyone has some estimated costs for this type of concrete pool can you please let me know. I realize there are many factors with the pricing but a ballpark figure will work. Include a slide, diving board, light, auto-cover, pump, filter, etc if possible.

I really appreciate this website it has already answered a lot of my questions.

Joe,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you speak about pools as if they are a commodity Item and all are built equally. Different pool types have inherent strengths and weaknesses that should be considered such as ground movement, budget, water table, topography and personal taste.

Each builder and manufacturer builds their pools to different specs and therefore it is important to make the decision with open eyes!

Sincerely,

Pat Fitzgerald

Just a word of caution, if you are considering a concrete pool do yourself a favor and research the differences between Gunite and Shotcrete. There are alot of builders that claim their pools are Gunite and in fact they are Shotcrete. Please do the research and don"t get taken like I was. Also make sure your attorney looks over the contract because there are alot of hidden things on the back of the contracts that if you have any problems you will be out of luck. Also research the pool builders warrantee. The pool should be warranteed not to crack or leak for LIfe of the Pool. Good Luck and let me know via e mail if I can answer any questions.

I would like an inground free form gunite pool 36 X 18, with natural looking 5 foot waterfall, screen enclosure approx 69 X 38, pavers around pool, heat pump, salt Cl generation system. What would a pool cost like this tin the Tampa Fl area.

Thanks,

Gus

I would like an inground free form gunite pool 36 X 18, with natural looking 5 foot waterfall, screen enclosure approx 69 X 38, pavers around pool, heat pump, salt Cl generation system. What would a pool cost like this tin the Tampa Fl area.

Thanks,

Gus

Guest Kieran Mc Donnell

I am currently building a 12mt x 1.5mt above ground concrete lap pool with a 7 mt wet edge on one side. The remaining 5Mts runs into the house. It is above ground with 200mm thick walls reinforced with double steel, supported to rock on 450mm piers with steel cage inserts. All the concrete is 32Mpa.

I am taking photos during construction and will post in the next few weeks with approx cost and further details. This pool is in Sydney, Australia pretty close to the city centre.

I've worked for a couple concrete builders in connecticut.

to remove your pool and install the one you want--removal of old pool-$2,000-15,000, depending on what your local building official will let you do, like crush and bury, or remove completely. New pool - $35,000-$40,000.

go with a local, highly recommended builder. Ask some neighbors

• 7 months later...

hello.

concrete pool are the best built pools today.period.

i am having a 16x30 free form pool built with a SAM light,salt generator,pump,filter,gas heater,2 lion heads,1 sheer descent .its going to cost me $25500 including deck .

i am in florida .

just a word of caution.STAY AWAY FROM BLUE HEAVEN.

Joe

I agree stay away from Blue Haven. They came out to give me an estimate last year and I had to hunt down the sales guy only to be told that they were not interested in my project. I have since spoken to many pool contractors and they all have horror stories about this one company. Most of those stories were unsolicited.

• 4 years later...

I agree 100%

Gunite (dry gunning) and shotcrete (wet gunning) are different as you pointed out in regards to application. Dry -quality relies on an "experienced" nozzleman. Wet- not so much, it's pre-mixed concrete, the only possible issue is if someone is running hot loads. And yes, composite construction is far more superior.

Ah yes, pricing..that all depends on a companies base (usually 20' for plumbing) for perimeter over 70' $200 for pool $100 for spa (surcharge not included), 300 sq ft of deck, etc, and ALL the extra charges,..it would take me an hour to type a price sheet here.

We currently have an inground 18 x 36 diving liner pool. One of the sides has pushed in is need of repair at this point. The pool is approx 20 years old. So we have decided to either purchase a new pool or get the side repaired and a new liner installed (along with a new return line, since only have one at this point due to a leak that was capped off before we bought the house. Like I said it is an old pool). We recently went to a home show and now know more about our option, which at this point seem to total 4.

1. Repair Wall, replace liner, install another return line, touchup work, lights, etc

Estimate we received was around 10,000 (concerned about this as we now have a dog that will become quite large and loves water and we are afraid he will basically tear the liner up again)

2. Fiberglass pool, we received two different estimates. Both were around 50,000. Both included an autocover which ran around 6500. One included lights, a slide, diving board, and some other options; the other was basically just the pool. Neither included a pump, heater, or filter as ours is still in pretty good shape and are installed in a pool house. Nice option but we question the cost since we already have a pretty big hole dug. Their answer was the amount of concrete in our deck which actually increased the price.

3. Liner pool, brand new. We did not receive an estimate but were told it is less than fiberglass. However we are still concerned with the possible problem with the dog, plus we would like to make the pool a little larger if possible.

4. Concrete pool, here is where we have questions. Currently our pool is rectangle and runs north and south. We would really like this pool to be turned east and west and remain a rectangle due the auto-cover if installed. We would also like to increase the size to approx 20x40, 20x44. Mainly because this will give us much more decking space for parties and such. Common sense tells us that even though we hear concrete pools are the most expensive, would it not be cheaper for us in the long run going with concrete? Since this company we might use only installs concrete pools and I am pretty sure they probably get a better price. The dog problem would simply not be there and we could still get a slide and diving pool. I know it sounds like we our set on concrete but is the price going to be sticker shock for us. We have Blue Haven scheduled this week to give us an estimate and I just want to make sure we get a fair price.

If anyone has some estimated costs for this type of concrete pool can you please let me know. I realize there are many factors with the pricing but a ballpark figure will work. Include a slide, diving board, light, auto-cover, pump, filter, etc if possible.

i just had a 20x40 rectangle installed with colorlogic light ,diving board ,volleyball game,hayward pump, hayward de filter maintance package and only paid 21,000 the company was done in five days very friendly and knowlegeable they also built our neighbors pool some big lagon and they only paid 25,000 last year if you would like the companys information let me know they do all three types of inground pools ,concrete fiberglass, and vinyl liner.

• 2 months later...

can you reffer me to a pool builder. moving to kissimmee need a pool. would be grateful to see finish pic of your pool. ty tom

Hi Tom, My name is Shelly Witt and my partner, Chris Scott and I own Blue Diamond Pool Designs Inc. - State Certified Commercial/Residential Pool Builders; Lic. # CPC 1457863; We have several pools in the area that are in various price ranges for you to see should you be interested. Please give us a call to schedule an appointment. Best Wishes w/Your New Oasis! Office : 407-891-1366; Fax 407-891-8730; Mobile (Mine) 407-593-4156 Chris' 321-299-3902. *Our Showroom is located @ 4975 E. Irlo bronson Mem. Hwy. St. Cloud, Fl. 34771, Here since 2000, we have lots of pics, samples, literature, etc. Additionally, we have a few pools under various stages of construction and ranging from simple to (2) rather nice ones which are next to each other-1 under construction, the other built 1&1/2 years ago. All are within 3 miles of our shop, and all are wonderful Homeowners who would love to discuss their experience with you. We hope to here from you soon!!- Shelly

Hi, Shelly here w/Blue Diamond Pool Designs, Inc. in St. Cloud - I'm fairly certain that we could build you the pool at the Quoted Fiberglass price. If interested, fax a sketch to 407-891-8730 and we'll see what we can do. All The Best! (CPC#1457863)

Thanks,

Gus

Hi Gus, We actually just quoted pretty much the same package a few months ago and it came in around $49,000.00 w/real rock fall and fiber optic lighting. hope that helps. if you like, you can fax over a sketch for a detailed estimate. All The Best! Shelly - Blue Diamond Pool Designs, Inc. ; Ph. #407-891-1366; fax # 407-891-8730