We Have No Idea What We're Doing!

So we decided that it would be a good idea to buy a used hot tub off a guy on craigslist and instal it ourselves. I have a friend who is an electrician and did that work for us, bought new blower, pump, heater and have no idea how to install that but am trying (any advice would be greatly appreciated)

We have it all cleaned and lookin pretty good except there is one random plastic thing that I can't quite figure out what it is/does and how I can replace it.

IMG_3504.jpg

Can someone please tell me what this does, what it is called and where I can find a new one b/c obviously this one looks like the devil!

it is your skimmer. water is pulled through the screen into the hole behind it then through the pump and heater then the pressurized filter back to the spa, you can go on the there are several internet companies that sell parts.ez spa parts, spa part plus, the spa depot, just go to one of those sites search for skimmer , you will find them, or call one of your local dealers they can get them for you as well..

So we decided that it would be a good idea to buy a used hot tub off a guy on craigslist and instal it ourselves. I have a friend who is an electrician and did that work for us, bought new blower, pump, heater and have no idea how to install that but am trying (any advice would be greatly appreciated)

We have it all cleaned and lookin pretty good except there is one random plastic thing that I can't quite figure out what it is/does and how I can replace it.

IMG_3504.jpg

Can someone please tell me what this does, what it is called and where I can find a new one b/c obviously this one looks like the devil!

its called a strip skimmer retail cdn 27.40