Durability Of Spas

cocoon

Hi everybody

I am envisageing to purchase a swim spa (outside installation, in ground), leaving in europe a region with low t° in Winter. For a good NOrth American supplier (e.g. Dimension One), this costs here quite a couple of bucks (55'000 - 60'000 USD). I wonder about the durability of those systems.

1. Warranty on the shale (how do you call it in English ?) are at best 5-7 years, more rarely 10 ans. Materials (DuraTex, Acrylic) are supposed to be durable but how to know more about it but with user experiences ?.

2. are there feedbacks in durability ? UNlike in the US or Canada, those systems have been used here rather recently, I don't get any feedback on forums. Who has an operating spa since 5 or 10 years ? what's your opinion on that issue ?

3. Can damages be repaired ? Pumps, pipes may be replaced but what about a damaged shale ?

4. If I can't be sure about a life duration of 10-15 ans, it will mean a very high cost/year (4000-5000 /yr)

Here we are, I would be glad about some feedbacks and thank you in advance !

Hi everybody

I am envisageing to purchase a swim spa (outside installation, in ground), leaving in europe a region with low t° in Winter. For a good NOrth American supplier (e.g. Dimension One), this costs here quite a couple of bucks (55'000 - 60'000 USD). I wonder about the durability of those systems.

1. Warranty on the shale (how do you call it in English ?) are at best 5-7 years, more rarely 10 ans. Materials (DuraTex, Acrylic) are supposed to be durable but how to know more about it but with user experiences ?.

2. are there feedbacks in durability ? UNlike in the US or Canada, those systems have been used here rather recently, I don't get any feedback on forums. Who has an operating spa since 5 or 10 years ? what's your opinion on that issue ?

3. Can damages be repaired ? Pumps, pipes may be replaced but what about a damaged shale ?

4. If I can't be sure about a life duration of 10-15 ans, it will mean a very high cost/year (4000-5000 /yr)

Here we are, I would be glad about some feedbacks and thank you in advance !

Hello Caccon,

I know you are asking for feedback from owners of swim spas that are 5-10 years, but we have only been making the swim units since 2002 and there have been alot of changes in that time. The newest version are the much differnt and far superior to anything else we have done in the past. The equipment is off the shelf available and is the same equipment we use in out Bay Collection spas, the shell has a limited lifetime (5 yrs/field) warranty and we have very few issue with these shells. The swim units are very well designed and can stand up to any environment, the UK is nowhere near the type of weather they experience in Northern Canada and those spa do well in that environment. I think you will find lots of people lots of people who will attest to the quality of the D1 Products. Let me know if you have any more specific questions, I will be glad to help in any way possible.

http://www.aquaticfitnesssystems.com/

You can't go wrong with D1 Spas.

D1Dennis2009