Rough Cost Estimate To Have Intellitouch System Installed?

bejpool

Hi all-

I'm thinking of automating my inground pool with attached spa, shared equipment. I'm currently running a Pentair Intelliflow pump (which I absolutely love!) and Raypak heater. I thought it'd be nice to come home from a long day of work to relax by firing up the spa by hitting a button: isolation valves to the pool close and the pump goes to its pre-programmed speed setting for the spa, heater fires up and spa light goes on. My Intelliflow has a port in the side for the Intellitouch system, which I've read in places that's the only system it's compatible with. Am I wrong?

It'd also be nice to be able to control other things with it too, like solar heating control and a water feature (don't have a water feature, but like to put one in when I can afford the remodel), pool lights, etc. Is it possible to have a program for the pool sweep too?

What kind of cost could I expect for this type of setup? Everything I've seen online just seems to sell bits and pieces and not complete kits.

A Pentair EasyTouch is significantly less money, can control the pump and can be purchased with an IntelliClor salt cell and wireless remote for less than the IntelliTouch. It can also control the other things you don't have yet.

If you are DIYing the install, the net is great. If you plan on hiring a pro for the installation/, buy it from the pro. This way you get the on rapid site support that goes along with it. That level of service has a cost though. Otherwise it's like trying to bring your own steak to the Outback Steak House.

I don't price match or install net purchased items as a matter of policy. I have burdened costs the net doesn't have like fuel, insurances, rent and labor costs. I also have to feed and provide for my family.

Scott

The prices you find online are about the best you can find. If you talk to a pro, his wholesale cost is probably at least that. So, you've found the best price if you're doing it yourself. And if you hire a pro, you may pay another $500-1500 for all those things NJPoolguy mentioned. It all depends on your setup and who you talk to.

A Pentair EasyTouch is significantly less money, can control the pump and can be purchased with an IntelliClor salt cell and wireless remote for less than the IntelliTouch. It can also control the other things you don't have yet.

If you are DIYing the install, the net is great. If you plan on hiring a pro for the installation/, buy it from the pro. This way you get the on rapid site support that goes along with it. That level of service has a cost though. Otherwise it's like trying to bring your own steak to the Outback Steak House.

I don't price match or install net purchased items as a matter of policy. I have burdened costs the net doesn't have like fuel, insurances, rent and labor costs. I also have to feed and provide for my family.

Scott

When I was looking up prices of the system components online, I was just trying to gauge the total cost on the system and labor, not undercut or pricematch anyone. If I call up a local installer and tell them I want to have a Pentair Intellitouch system on my pool, am I looking at $3k? $4k? I'm just trying to avoid sticker shock, that's all.