Come On. Air Lock Again?

Seems like everytime my husband drains the tub to clean it we get an airlock on refil. It's making me crazy. Last time I got a guy to come and take the panel off and release the air lock. I tried to explain to my husband to turn the union conector thingy and he's afraid to break it. So, the spa guy is coming again to do a 2 minute job for me.

Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening? Is there something easy I can do when it happens?

I love my soak. I hate worrying about if my husband is going to break my tub. Help!

Seems like everytime my husband drains the tub to clean it we get an airlock on refil. It's making me crazy. Last time I got a guy to come and take the panel off and release the air lock. I tried to explain to my husband to turn the union conector thingy and he's afraid to break it. So, the spa guy is coming again to do a 2 minute job for me.

Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening? Is there something easy I can do when it happens?

I love my soak. I hate worrying about if my husband is going to break my tub. Help!

What kind of hot tub do you have? Also, are you refilling through the filter or just putting the hose in the hot tub? Many tubs require being filled through the filters to reduce the chance of airlocks.

What kind of hot tub do you have? Also, are you refilling through the filter or just putting the hose in the hot tub? Many tubs require being filled through the filters to reduce the chance of airlocks.

It's a Nahanni. We fill it through the filter. One set of jets works the other gets the air lock error.

There is a bleeder valve on the pump housing, located on the upper top portion. It a small hex head plastic plug, usually black. When loosened you'll hear air escape. Let it clear out the air for about 20 seconds, when air stops making noise or you feel/see water, tighten down.

On my spa, the manual states to close the gate valve for pump 2, when bleeding pump 1.