Jacuzzi J470, Sundance Optima, Or Jacuzzi J365?

scubaspa

Hi all, in the process of building a new home and am looking for any input or feedback regarding the Jacuzzi j470, j365, or sundance optima and what would be considered a good deal in canadian $$'s. Jacuzzi of Calgary i believe is quoting about $14,500 all in for the J470 which is my first choice, just not sure I want to spend that kind of dough. A friend of mine walked into a store about 6 yrs ago and dropped 10k in cash on the counter and walked out with a fully loaded sundance optima with all the bells and whistles including tax and delivery. Never asked if he got a receipt, but he has received full service and warranty from his dealer. Any thoughts or feedback would be great along with what people have been paying for their tubs.

Scubes

Scubaspa - I can't give much help on prices, except to say that they vary from location to location, dealer to dealer. You are looking at three very nice, well regarded spas. Have you wet tested? If not I suggest that you do so. You may find that one is much more comfortable or perhaps one just doesn't fit right and that will help with your decision process. In the unlikely event that you like them all equally well, choose by price or if that isn't too improtant to you, hair color of the sales person or whatever matters to you, assuming the dealers are comparable. many like to choose baded on confidence in the dealer, assuming the spas fit right and are within budget.

Speaking personally, before wet testing I preferred the Optima to the J-365. After wet testing, I preferred the J-365. Did not consider the J470 as I simply did not want to spend that much but this forum has reports from people very happy with their 470s.

The dealer may not be able to give you the same deal they gave your buddy 6 years ago, consdiering how dealer costs may have changed. Maybe you too can get a better deal by paying cash since the dealer won't loose the 2-3% for credit card purchase fees.

scubes, thats a great price on a 470 depending on what your 'all in' means. The 470 has many upgrades from the 365, the pumps including the circ, filtration, RX jets.....you would be pleased for years to come with your investment. jacuzzi calgary is also a great dealership, i have heard good things about them.

I do not sell Jacuzzi but I do know last week at a local home show they were doing J-470's for $13,995 with stereo and accessories, also I heard from some guy shopping us both (so take it as second hand info. that is not verified by me personally) that he was walking out of the booth and they dropped 1k off that price for the same package down to $12,995 again second hand info. long story short at $14.5k your in the "ballpark" but there is prob. some wiggle room left for you, easy way to find out is to make an offer and unless they are selling tons of spas right now you'll find out there "bottom" number...good luck

Wet tested these tubs and purchased the Sundance Optima. My wife and I really like the Foot Jets in the Optima. Also, we prefer the Jets and the overall look & Feel of the Sundance. We purchased a 2010 floor model in Michigan for $11,000 (Stereo, Ozone, Cover Lifter, Steps, Extra Filter and Chemicals). I was quoted $9000 for a similar J365, but we liked the Optima much better regardless of cost.