Where Is My 2006 Hot Springs Sovereign Ii Heater Reset Button?

I have been told that my 2006 Hot Springs Sovereign II should have a heater reset button. Do not see any indication of this in the owners manual. Can amyone verify one way or another? thanks

No reset button. With an '06 SOvereign, if the heater gets too hot you would have a flashing power light on the control panel instead of a manual thermal cut-off reset button. All you would do is reset power to clear it. If the heater did get too hot you may want to check your filters or you may have a problem with the circulation pump if there is a problem.

If your problem is that you have no heat and the power light is not flashing, I would look towards a bad heater relay board in the control box. These fail more commonly than the heaters. It is the board on the left hand side of the control box where all of the power wires and heater hooks into.

thanks for the reply Dan

My issue is what you describe in part 2 of your reply......no heat and the power light is not flashing. Circulation and jet pumps appear to functioning normally.

Not being 'handy' or technically inclined......is replacing a faulty heater relay board something I should take on? If so can I purchase replacement relay board online? Any idea in the cost difference between replacing relay board versus replacing the heater?

Just want to be somewhat prepared if I have to call my local Hot Springs dealer for a service call.

• 5 years later...
On 3/14/2011 at 11:50 AM, leftylenny said:

Not being 'handy' or technically inclined......is replacing a faulty heater relay board something I should take on? If so can I purchase replacement relay board online? Any idea in the cost difference between replacing relay board versus replacing the heater?

Just want to be somewhat prepared if I have to call my local Hot Springs dealer for a service call.

The new old heater relay boards have different connectors than the new ones, so you may have to do some wire cutting.  It's not the most difficult hot tub repair to make, but my advice would be if you're not handy or technically inclined, I'd leave the high voltage repairs to a professional.

If you attempt it yourself, make sure your power is turned off.  All the breakers in the sub-panel, not just the one you think is for the heater.  Take a picture of the existing board and wiring so when you remove the wires you know where to put them back.  Than check again to make sure the power is turned off.  I don't trust anyone - I always check with my voltmeter before I touch anything.  There's no guarantee that the previous do-it-yourself'er who installed the tub himself did it right. 

240 Volts is not something you want going through your body.

The heater relay board is a little less expensive than a "universal" heater.  A Hotsprings heater is 2-3 times more expensive than the universal.

It's more work to put in the heater, I'd expect a higher install charge than for the relay board.