In A Huge Pickel, Need Some Advice

Gouie

Calling all experts out there, I've got an issue. Temps here in western Canada have been very cold over the last few days. The tub has been great with zero problems, until today. Went out to take a chemical reading and I've got an "IC" error on the panel (panel is a Balboa 500Z series, tub is an Infinity Spa). What doesn't make sense is the water is still relatively warm. My interpretation of the error is that a potential ice condition exists but the heater etc should operate as normal until the condition is rectified. I cannot get the tub to operate which has me very concerned about frozen/broken pipes. I've power cycled the unit but the IC condition re-appears during the prime process (priming never begins).

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Just thought I'd follow-up. Turns out the pump fuse was gone. Boy am I glad I caught it when I did. After replacing the fuse and cycling the power a couple of times the water temp read 40 degrees. We've had some wickedly cold weather over the last couple of weeks but it broke the same night I suspect the fuse popped. Not the easiest fuse to find by the way, I've stocked up.

Can anyone recommend a remote floating thermometer?

any pool store will have a floating thermometer, you can also get ones that you can read from the house. the ones we carry are made by nu-temp, they also have an alarm on them. i have included a link. there are several different kinds

http://www.nu-temp.com/600.htm