need contractor in Chino Hills CA

Guest SJA

• 6 months later...

Tony, i'd like to hear what you have to say as well...i'm looking to have apool built in the next couple of months and will probably make my final decision in a week or two

Jenniffer...i'm leanign towards malins, can you tell me about the experience? who was the salesperson you dealt with?

if you guys can, i'd appreciate a response at qwikstang00@yahoo.com

thanks,

robert

• 1 year later...

[

It's too late now but, I bet you ended up paying more in the end...By the way, Splash doesn't build in the O.C. because most I.E companies can't compete with the quality and regulations. Do your homework, I would be more concerned about doing business with a convicted felon (Malins) than price. Sorry to hear you are learning the hard way...when's the last time they serviced your pool? When is the last time you got a call from them? I hope all works out for you.

Hi, email me and I will recommend a solid, commited pool construction company. I know all the inside info on all the inland pool companys. Sincerely, Tony.

Dear Tony,

You must have a personal interest involved if you state you know the inside info on all the I.E. companies and still refer Malins Pools. Obviously you work for them because no one in the industry in their right mind would refer a homeowner to Malins. Since 2003 Malins is no more than Curtis Custom Pools all over again. CONSUMER BEWARE....look it up for yourself. www.cslb.ca.gov

• 2 months later...

I had a pool built by Malins Pools Construction. They did a fantastic job and I have been enjoying my pool for a month now. Everything I was told by Ron Merrill, one of the sales personnel, came true, the job was completed in a timely manner and above expectations. Everyone at Malins was very helpful, respectful and a rare experience all spoke English very well and the crews always cleaned up behind themselves. After the pool was completed, I went to Malins Pool and Patio Supply and bought a new set of patio furniture. Everyone there was also very helpful and professional. So, a word to everyone out there using the Malins name in vain and smearing mud doesn't really know what they're talking about because I had a great experience with both of the Malins companyies and I would highly recommend them to everyone I know.

• 2 months later...

I am george and im very familiar with many pool companies in the IE. From my experience I can tell you that you are better off going with a small company. (not too small) the reason being is more control over construction prosses that will ultimatly result in a better quality pool. Now im not saying that all big companie are bad there is some great ones out there. The companies that dont pay there subs on time or hire unlicenced subs are the ones that: take too long to finish , cut corners, and come up with hidden surprices, reason being is they get the money from the new pool to finish the pool before (thats illegal).

anyways try out www.baylespools.com out of rancho cucamonga great guys Dave balyles takes care of you from start to finish family owned. I can also recommend Universal rock pools also family owned Out of San bernardino

• 5 weeks later...
I am george and im very familiar with many pool companies in the IE. From my experience I can tell you that you are better off going with a small company. (not too small) the reason being is more control over construction prosses that will ultimatly result in a better quality pool. Now im not saying that all big companie are bad there is some great ones out there. The companies that dont pay there subs on time or hire unlicenced subs are the ones that: take too long to finish , cut corners, and come up with hidden surprices, reason being is they get the money from the new pool to finish the pool before (thats illegal).

anyways try out www.baylespools.com out of rancho cucamonga great guys Dave balyles takes care of you from start to finish family owned. I can also recommend Universal rock pools also family owned Out of San bernardino

George,

You didn't need to waste so much space to self promote. Next time just come out with it and say you work for Bayles Pools (a small unknown company). Nothing wrong with that.

I had a pool built by Malins Pools Construction. They did a fantastic job and I have been enjoying my pool for a month now. Everything I was told by Ron Merrill, one of the sales personnel, came true, the job was completed in a timely manner and above expectations. Everyone at Malins was very helpful, respectful and a rare experience all spoke English very well and the crews always cleaned up behind themselves. After the pool was completed, I went to Malins Pool and Patio Supply and bought a new set of patio furniture. Everyone there was also very helpful and professional. So, a word to everyone out there using the Malins name in vain and smearing mud doesn't really know what they're talking about because I had a great experience with both of the Malins companyies and I would highly recommend them to everyone I know.

Family Pool,

It is nice to see that someone is happy. You are correct whe you say it was a rare experience. Also, the other page on this site mentioned that Malins Pool and Patio supply are NOT the same company. Happy swimming.

• 1 month later...

We got bids from several large name pool companies and went with Bayles for our entire job. Dave and Jake Bayles are experienced professionals who respect their clients and subs. Their masonry guys are exceptional and work rain or shine. Their rock guys are artisans in the true sense of the word. Very impressive! This house was new construction so there was nothing in the back yard to begin with. The front yard had the basic landscape finish required by the City. We are doing everything...oversized pool, rock waterfall, slide, fire pit, built-in barbeque, patio, patio cover, hardscape, softscape, fountain...you name it! So far, so good. Bayles quoted 16 weeks but they are behind schedule. They had eight jobs going when we signed on, which could be one reason. They also fired the original softscape crew. The new crew seems disorganized and messy...not sure of their work quality either. Time will tell. Their electrician is young but knows his stuff. What we liked about Bayles initially, was that they are a GC who can do it all. In this case, we did not have to hire separate contractors for each phase of the project which can be a pain as they tend to point fingers if something goes wrong. One negative...when you call with a question (or whatever) you do not always get an immediate response. In addition to being frustrating for the homeowner, this is a bad business technique and can throw a negative light on the company. So far, this is the only complaint we have. If I had to do it over, I would still go with Bayles. They are detail-oriented and use only high quality materials. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed job.

• 3 weeks later...
We got bids from several large name pool companies and went with Bayles for our entire job. Dave and Jake Bayles are experienced professionals who respect their clients and subs. Their masonry guys are exceptional and work rain or shine. Their rock guys are artisans in the true sense of the word. Very impressive! This house was new construction so there was nothing in the back yard to begin with. The front yard had the basic landscape finish required by the City. We are doing everything...oversized pool, rock waterfall, slide, fire pit, built-in barbeque, patio, patio cover, hardscape, softscape, fountain...you name it! So far, so good. Bayles quoted 16 weeks but they are behind schedule. They had eight jobs going when we signed on, which could be one reason. They also fired the original softscape crew. The new crew seems disorganized and messy...not sure of their work quality either. Time will tell. Their electrician is young but knows his stuff. What we liked about Bayles initially, was that they are a GC who can do it all. In this case, we did not have to hire separate contractors for each phase of the project which can be a pain as they tend to point fingers if something goes wrong. One negative...when you call with a question (or whatever) you do not always get an immediate response. In addition to being frustrating for the homeowner, this is a bad business technique and can throw a negative light on the company. So far, this is the only complaint we have. If I had to do it over, I would still go with Bayles. They are detail-oriented and use only high quality materials. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed job.

Bayles just finished my pool. I must say, I am a little disappointed. Dave Bayles talks a good game, but when it was all over with, he did not come through with what he promised. They use great sub contractors, but Jake Bayles is not a good project manager. I had to constantly mange him. Yes, they are slow to respond when you have questions and concerns, and don't seem to listen to request. As the bulk of the payments are made, they tend to disappear. Dave is usually only seen when there is a check to pick up. And made a couple of promises he did not honor when the final payment was made. I discovered from a pool service company that at the start up, they did not use enough acid, so subsequently I have plaster dust that wont come out. I had high hopes for this company, since I interviewed and obtained half a dozen estimates from pool companies. I went with Bayles because of a neighbors pool. It was a nice job, but she did tell me they took a long time, and didn't finish giving her all the things they promised. I think they have good intentions, but aren't quite there yet. And I have a real problem when someone tells you they are going to do something but doesn't have the integrity to keep their word.

• 2 weeks later...
[

It's too late now but, I bet you ended up paying more in the end...By the way, Splash doesn't build in the O.C. because most I.E companies can't compete with the quality and regulations. Do your homework, I would be more concerned about doing business with a convicted felon (Malins) than price. Sorry to hear you are learning the hard way...when's the last time they serviced your pool? When is the last time you got a call from them? I hope all works out for you.

Hi, email me and I will recommend a solid, commited pool construction company. I know all the inside info on all the inland pool companys. Sincerely, Tony.

Dear Tony,

You must have a personal interest involved if you state you know the inside info on all the I.E. companies and still refer Malins Pools. Obviously you work for them because no one in the industry in their right mind would refer a homeowner to Malins. Since 2003 Malins is no more than Curtis Custom Pools all over again. CONSUMER BEWARE....look it up for yourself. www.cslb.ca.gov

FYI _the truth_ Splash does build in the O.C. so check your facts! But then again i completly agree with you when t comes to malins. Especially now since the owner past away at the end of last year and now the convicted felon that you speak of (curtis) is running the company...

Im glad to hear that bayles did such a great job on your project and thats just one more to add to there very short list of referneces but you should not promote them as very experianced.... they have only been building pools the past 3-4 years.....

• 3 weeks later...

Im glad to hear that bayles did such a great job on your project and thats just one more to add to there very short list of referneces but you should not promote them as very experianced.... they have only been building pools the past 3-4 years.....

• 5 months later...

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I need a designer/contractor in Chino Hills CA. Just called Mallin Pools (think I will cancel). But does anyone have a positive referral?

To find a good certified pool designer/contractor check with pool designer/contractor They have a listing of some of the best Swimming pool companies around. And they can even help you track one down if there is none listed. Best thing is many of the companies have ratings so you can see what others are saying about them. Always contact a few companies and check references and do a "Google search" on the company at hand you'd be surprised what you will find.