Watchdog Status - Sundance Hottub

bigcanoe

Hello All,

I have been reviewing all the posts on this site. Very helpful. I have a watchdog status. This is 2 weeks after it I had it serviced for the same issue. It turned out the temp sensor was not connected to the board well. So it was reset and worked for a while. Of course it always seem to happen that it breaks when the temp is heading to 9 degrees and we are expecting 10 inches of snow. The times I like to get into the spa and enjoy it. Now I just get to worry about it. Again timing is everything. Its still under warranty, but its sunday. I have placed a heater in the equipment area as I did last time to keep it from freezing. Seemed to work.

I removed the temp sensor wires and actually plugged in a new one (left it in the well without full install to just confirm it might be the problem. No response. I cut breaker and turned on. It shows 104 and then goes directly to watch dog. The water is still very warm. I am waiting for the temp to fall to see if maybe it just overheated due to very low temps.

Can anyone give me some idea on what should be done to try and correct. Should the new temp sensor work immediately? I flipped switch very quickly after I submerged in the tank. Did not leave long, but it appeared the sensor was sealed well enough for this test. did not want to drain it prematurely.

Thanks for your input.

Any ideas out there. I turned it off at the breaker and it popped on after 30 minutes. It ran for about 3 minutes but then ---- watchdog again.

It is important to know if the temperature reading on the topside is accurate, if you are getting a reading that is higher than the actual water temperature you are looking at a temperature sensor again. (you will need a thermometer for this, don't go off a "hand" test). Sundance has recently (last 6ish months) changed the manufacturer of their temp sensors, i threw away all of our old ones as soon as they supplied the new style.

I thought you mentioned the tub was still in warranty, if so have the local dealership come out and fix it.

It's hard to help without a clear, accurate description of exactly what's happening. (year and model also help)