Leisure's Edge Spas?

kmoose

New to the forum, looking to upgrade my 10 year old softtub that is still puffing along, but dying!

Looking at Beachcomber, Caldera, Hot Springs, and possibly Arctic although the dealer in my area is a tool. All in the 7 foot range. My local HS/Caldera guy, Pioneer Pools (who also built my pool) carries Leisure's Edge and they are definately feature packed for the money. He recommends them as a good mid level spa and claims they are well insulated and well built.

Operating costs (electricity) are a concern and I know Beachcomber are among the cheapest to run (2 neighbours swear by theirs). This is a tempting buy, however, given value for money and it is quite comfortable (dry tested, not wet yet). My dealer says they are a Florida company that has been around for a couple of years.

FYI I live in the Toronto area so we do get a chilly but not frigid winter and hot summers

Any insights?

I am not a sales person, but a tech. You get what you pay for. I would look into the construction of the spa, and what kind of warrany/service you can get. If your dealer is a "tool" I would find another dealer. The company I work for stopped selling caldera in '02, however I feel they are a top of the line spa. My parents have one that has been running strong for 6 years. I would also select a spa shell that is not a smooth finish, make sure there is a little texture. Smooth ones are prone to blisters and crazing.

New to the forum, looking to upgrade my 10 year old softtub that is still puffing along, but dying!

Looking at Beachcomber, Caldera, Hot Springs, and possibly Arctic although the dealer in my area is a tool. All in the 7 foot range. My local HS/Caldera guy, Pioneer Pools (who also built my pool) carries Leisure's Edge and they are definately feature packed for the money. He recommends them as a good mid level spa and claims they are well insulated and well built.

Operating costs (electricity) are a concern and I know Beachcomber are among the cheapest to run (2 neighbours swear by theirs). This is a tempting buy, however, given value for money and it is quite comfortable (dry tested, not wet yet). My dealer says they are a Florida company that has been around for a couple of years.

FYI I live in the Toronto area so we do get a chilly but not frigid winter and hot summers

Any insights?

I would question whether that Lesure Edge will be as energy efficient as the other four. Its not in the same class as the others but you understand that. Definitely avoid any dealer that you regard as a "tool"