Twisted Hose On Hayward

dansdad

No swivels exist for the Navigator. It should turn off steps in both directions to eliminate hose coiling. Your problem likely exists in one of the following areas:

1. One of the pods (long white plastic piece on each side) is very loose & causing it to turn only in one direction.

2. Main gearbox is stuck turning only one direction.

3. Upper gear is stuck turning only one direction.

A simple test you can use to help narrow it down is to make sure the pump is on and that you have correct suction to the Navigator. Without proper suction, the cleaner won't operate at the proper speed. Use the suction gauge that came with the cleaner to verify correct suction, if you still have it. Lift the cleaner by the hose until the head of the cleaner is off the floor, but still submerged completely. The head of the cleaner should rotate on the end of the hose - turn left, stop turning, turn right, stop turning, turn left, etc. and should repeat this pattern. If it's not turning, or if it only rotates in one direction, the internal gearbox is the most likely problem. You can download an owner's manual for the Navigator here... Hayward Pool Products

No swivels exist for the Navigator. It should turn off steps in both directions to eliminate hose coiling. Your problem likely exists in one of the following areas:

1. One of the pods (long white plastic piece on each side) is very loose & causing it to turn only in one direction.

2. Main gearbox is stuck turning only one direction.

3. Upper gear is stuck turning only one direction.

A simple test you can use to help narrow it down is to make sure the pump is on and that you have correct suction to the Navigator. Without proper suction, the cleaner won't operate at the proper speed. Use the suction gauge that came with the cleaner to verify correct suction, if you still have it. Lift the cleaner by the hose until the head of the cleaner is off the floor, but still submerged completely. The head of the cleaner should rotate on the end of the hose - turn left, stop turning, turn right, stop turning, turn left, etc. and should repeat this pattern. If it's not turning, or if it only rotates in one direction, the internal gearbox is the most likely problem. You can download an owner's manual for the Navigator here... Hayward Pool Products

Thanks much I have 2 new flappers I will install and I will check it out as you say. Thanks Again..Dave

• 9 years later...

Dansad,

The fix is the loose white pod. There should be no play on either pod. Replace ithe bad pod  and or the inside blue plastic sticking out that has two black rubber bearings. Any play in the pod assembly connection will cause twisting hoses. Also make shure the shoes look OK and check the gearbox gears do not have any debree leeves, etc. inside. This will definetly fix your issue

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I had the problem of my hose twisting and the vacuum staying in one place - the problem was the bearings on one side of the A-frame. Each A-frame has two black bushings with ball bearings inside. One of these was broken so the bushing couldn't roll.

I also frequently need to tighten the screws holding the pods on - nearly daily - and that keeps it moving!