Hotspring Vanguard Stuck At 94 Degrees

jwells36

Ok i had my issue after i hooked my tub up with it not heating but i bled some air out of the lines and it worked perfectly for a week. I went out this evening to get in and the temp was at 94. I reset the heater and made sure i had the temp set at 101. After letting it sit for a couple of hours it was still at 94. I am guessing it could be the Thermistor or high limit switch since it seems that the heater is heating just not going high enough. Any suggestions on where to start with this one?

thanks,

jw

Ok i had my issue after i hooked my tub up with it not heating but i bled some air out of the lines and it worked perfectly for a week. I went out this evening to get in and the temp was at 94. I reset the heater and made sure i had the temp set at 101. After letting it sit for a couple of hours it was still at 94. I am guessing it could be the Thermistor or high limit switch since it seems that the heater is heating just not going high enough. Any suggestions on where to start with this one?

thanks,

jw

Is the ready light lit yellow? If it is then the tub thinks the temp is correct....so it would lead to the thermistors or control panel.

If the ready light is not lit up then you need to look into the control box. If the "heater on" light is lit but you are still not getting up to temp then it is either the heater or relay board that is bad.

Also, check your filters, dirty filters could cause the hi-limit to keep tripping. Also, a cheap pool thermometer could be giving you a false temp reading.

I am not getting a ready light at all. I will have to pull the control box this afternoon and see if all of the LED's are on. I dont have a floating thermometer, i am just going off of the reading on the display screen and i think it is right. I just don't see how it is up and running perfect for a week and then all of the sudden it wont heat past 94 degrees. I would understand if the water temp was 75 that the heater is not working but it seems to be working enough to get it to 94 degrees.

thanks,

jw

Well i could not figure it out so i broke down and sent a hotspring tech out today, he said it was the heater computer board, the part is $120 and it is going to cost me $180 for the service call and labor. The worst part is that he said it usually takes 5-10 days for a part to come in, that is a long time without my tub. :(

jw

Well i could not figure it out so i broke down and sent a hotspring tech out today, he said it was the heater computer board, the part is $120 and it is going to cost me $180 for the service call and labor. The worst part is that he said it usually takes 5-10 days for a part to come in, that is a long time without my tub. :(

jw

Labor and timeframe are a little high. Buy one online and put it in yourself if possible.