Tub Flush Time

glennmacph

arctic spa-onzen salt water sea salt blend tub,could anyone recommend a good spa flush product out there,or because of this system its best to go through the dealer(I just have no confidence in what they say) but it might not be a big deal on this request!!!!!!!!!!

I 'd rather go through this forum for my answers and continuing knowledge

arctic spa-onzen salt water sea salt blend tub,could anyone recommend a good spa flush product out there,or because of this system its best to go through the dealer(I just have no confidence in what they say) but it might not be a big deal on this request!!!!!!!!!!

I 'd rather go through this forum for my answers and continuing knowledge

The "best" spa flush product that I have used is "Spa System Flush". See this LINK.

I say "best" because of the various products that I've tried, it seemed to release the most "gunk" into the water. When you add a flush product to your tub it will clean the pipes and release the "gunk" into the water where you can see it. The reason I say that Spa System Flush is the "best" that I have used is because the product seems to take out the most gunk from the pipes and put it into your water where you can drain it away.

That said ... I can't see into the pipes so I don't really know how well it works. It's not like a laundry detergent where you can judge how clean your clothes get. Recently, I used "Jet Clean" (I couldn't get "Spa System Flush.) and I didn't get all the gunk in the water. But maybe that's because my pipes were already clean? I just don't know.

Lastly, all of the above is based on my experience with my 5 year old fresh water Jacuzzi tub. From your previous post, it seems you have a salt water system. I don't know if your salt water spa requires a special type of flush.

Good luck,

- Simon

I just thought of a precaution from manufacturing, I would flush the new tub plus a tampon sat in my tub for 2 days and broke down into fibres

Yes, I'd do a decontamination procedure as described in this LINK. It's really not that much extra trouble or water. Basically, add the flush product to your tub, let it sit overnight, drain, then refill with fresh water and add a larger amount of chlorine bleach (50ppm), run the circulation pump for an hour, drain, and then refill with fresh water. Details are in the link referenced above.

After you drain the tub, I would use a wet shop vac to take out all the water that sits in the bottom curves of the tub that doesn't get drained out. If you don't have a wet shop vac, you could just scoop it out with a small plastic bucket or cup.

Again, all of this is based on fresh water tubs. I don't know if your salt water system has any special decontamination procedures. I doubt it ... maybe you have to turn the chlorine generator off during the procedure? Maybe some of the technical types on this forum can weigh in on that issue.

Let us know how this all works out. Good luck.

- Simon

yes, you must turn the generator off while doing this, and given what you described, i would use the spa flush also! With salt systems, it is very important to get all of the spa flush out so it does not damage the plates.