Diable Moto-Massage On A Hotsprings Spa

Jacki

I suspect i have a leaky MOTO-MASSAGE on my HotSprings Highlife. A repair by a repair company will run me about $400, but I think I would rather just block the whole thing. I don't really care about that particular jet, I'd just like the rest of them to work. Is this possible and would it solve my problem?

I suspect i have a leaky MOTO-MASSAGE on my HotSprings Highlife. A repair by a repair company will run me about $400, but I think I would rather just block the whole thing. I don't really care about that particular jet, I'd just like the rest of them to work. Is this possible and would it solve my problem?

What do you mean "leaky MOTO-MASSAGE?"

What do you mean "leaky MOTO-MASSAGE?"

It's one of the jets and is apparently prone to leaks. Its a long jet that moves up and down.

The fast answer here is no.

The amount of work it would take to cap the pipes and block the entire hole in the shell would vastly exceed the repair price.

As a side note, I hadn't heard they were "prone to leaking" I'm not sure your repair guy knows what he is up to.

I'm not defending the brand name, I'm just saying I have done a lot of service (over two decades)and never heard that complaint.

For the work you will have to do to plug that jet off you might as well fix it. First off you have to find the leak. This means removing the foam and exposing the plumbing and the back of the motomassage bucket. At this point you are there so might as well fix it. You can not simply plug the jet off. If it is in fact the problem this repair must be done from the back side. If you have a guy willing to repair it for $400 let him do it. That is not a bad price.

What year is the tub?