Bubbles On Water Surface

Tubber McGee

I have had my tub with the ACE Salt System for one week now!

Whenever I turn on the jets - I get foaming bubbles that sit on top of my water - not a ton, but I do get them. When the get are off - they go away!

Is this normal? Thinking maybe my chemicals are off! I hope to make it into my dealer this week to get more information!

I was told that it takes a few weeks for the tub to get set up - so maybe this is normal!

Any advice?

Thks

If it's relatively mild, I'm guessing it's likely residual oil or mold release from the manufacturing process, since it's a brand new tub. With the low CH after the Vanishing Act treatment, it's likely normal. How are your FC and pH readings? I think it's supposed to take a few weeks to nail down your usage settings, but your pH should definitely be normal and your FC will likely read pretty low (around 1ppm), which based on what Chem Geek and others have said is normal for a non-CYA stabilized tub, since the chlorine produced by the ACE system will be stronger than CYA stabilized chlorine. Feel free to post any impressions you've had with ACE or the setup process as well. I'm curious, since I'll finally be taking delivery of my ACE equipped Grandee this week!

Dark Rider - I am still in the learning phase of owning a tub and chemicals - but so far, the ACE system has been great and very easy. I did my initial fill with soft water from inside the house (my outside faucets are hard water). I used the vanished act bag - 12 hours - flip - another 12 hours. I just programmed my tub for size and usage and thats it! I took my water in and it was close to be balanced - I did have to add a little PH reducer! I then put in my 5.25 cups (vanguard model) of salt and my shock! thats it! We had some friends over on the weekend so I hit the boost button for added chemicals! I really think this thing is going to be a no-brainer! They said it takes about a month for the board to get to know your family (usage and such)

The water has no smell - soft on skin! So far - so good!

Make sure you watch your temp on your board! It looks like this is has been a issue with many new owners! I set my tub at 101 - but it is actually at 103. I called HS customer service and they are shipping a replacement part for my board to my dealer! Looks like they have a fix! I did not want to deal with my tub being off 2 or 3 degrees for the life of the tub!

Good luck!