Quality Pools

phil853

I am considering having a fiberglass pool installed by a company called Quality Pools out of Locust N.C. It is owned by Richard Gregory. Has anyone done business with this company, if so I would like to get your feedback. They have an A+ rating by the BBB, have been in business since 1982, and over 90% of the reviews I could find spoke highly of them. Just trying to get as much information about them as I can because the pool will be a big investment. Thanks.

Hi Phil. I can't speak for Quality, but I can tell you that 30 years of being in business is a long time and says a lot. Pool companies come and go quickly, so with that type of time frame in the biz it's obvious that he's doing things right. Good luck with your install!

Marc, thanks for your input. I've been surfing through this forum trying to get as much knowledge as I can because this is my first fiberglass pool purchase. In doing so I've seen some of your replies to other forum members and you seem to be pretty knowledgable. Could you tell me how much room is usually there to negotiate a price with the pool contractor? How much do they normally make on a pool package installation and how much are they willing to come down? Thanks again. Phil

Marc, thanks for your input. I've been surfing through this forum trying to get as much knowledge as I can because this is my first fiberglass pool purchase. In doing so I've seen some of your replies to other forum members and you seem to be pretty knowledgable. Could you tell me how much room is usually there to negotiate a price with the pool contractor? How much do they normally make on a pool package installation and how much are they willing to come down? Thanks again. Phil

Try calling The Pool and Spa Store 336-751-7946.......They are in NC and offer factory direct pricing....They also do all work in house......NO SUBS

Price is a tough subject Phil, and a slippery slope at that. I have found pricing in the fiberglass pool industry to be extremely low right now due to the economy. This has lead to a buyer's market (assuming financing is available) but it also means the builder may already be at his rock-bottom. To be frank though Phil, I'm sure Quality would not have made it this long had they been the cheapest guy-- such is impossible. And because this really is a lifetime 'marriage' between you and the builder, finding someone stable, with a tremendous track record, should be your first priority. I do understand that budgets are budgets, but just keep this in mind. If I were you, I'd ask Quality directly regarding their wiggle room. If they say there is none, I'd believe him, and such doesn't mean you're getting a high price.

Again, hope this helps a little. Feel free to email me directly if need be.