Gecko Sspa 3-72-7078 Problems

bartmc

Just bought a new S-Class SSPA pack (Part no 3-72-7078). My old spa pack was discontinued and this is the replacement. My spa has 2- dual speed pumps on it and Pump 1 seems to be working correctly I.e. one push of the button turns on low 2nd push turns on high, 3rd off. Problem is the 2nd pump. its currently wired for 240 volt which is what it is but it kicks on kind of humms then turns off. I wire it for 110 and it comes on in low. if i switch it's connection to the one for pump one on the spa pack it works correctly (Except for its not the pump that pushes water across the heating element). So what could be causing pump 2 output on the spa pack to make the motor hum then cut off? Cant find anything in the manual that Im doing wrong. (same thing happens if i connect pump 1 to the pump2 plugin). The pumps are identical and with the old pack, pushing pump 2 just turned it on high, there was no way to put it in low gear.

If anyone is interested in the solution, the problem is that the red wire to my pump is the loe speed and the black wire is to the high speed, since this particular spa pack only has 1 speed going to pump 2 its turning the motor on in both high and low mode thus the loud hum. Pulling the red wire from the circuit board corrects the problem but there is some stray voltage eminating from the loose wire in there there, so, i have a programming manual on the way to allow me to program the unit to shut the pump 2 red wire off.

Just bought a new S-Class SSPA pack (Part no 3-72-7078). My old spa pack was discontinued and this is the replacement. My spa has 2- dual speed pumps on it and Pump 1 seems to be working correctly I.e. one push of the button turns on low 2nd push turns on high, 3rd off. Problem is the 2nd pump. its currently wired for 240 volt which is what it is but it kicks on kind of humms then turns off. I wire it for 110 and it comes on in low. if i switch it's connection to the one for pump one on the spa pack it works correctly (Except for its not the pump that pushes water across the heating element). So what could be causing pump 2 output on the spa pack to make the motor hum then cut off? Cant find anything in the manual that Im doing wrong. (same thing happens if i connect pump 1 to the pump2 plugin). The pumps are identical and with the old pack, pushing pump 2 just turned it on high, there was no way to put it in low gear.