Sundance Cameo Versus Hot Spring Vista

ursulal

checked out a cameo last week. dry testing i liked the lounge much better than the vista and dealer says you wont float out of their design. he also said there filteration system is better (down to 3 compared to HS 60) than hot springs and that also jets will be stronger as it does not go through the filters (guess they have some by pass compared to hot spring NO bypass) and that the monthly cost of operation would be lower than hot springs. So any opinions suggestions welcomed. thanks

checked out a cameo last week. dry testing i liked the lounge much better than the vista and dealer says you wont float out of their design. he also said there filteration system is better (down to 3 compared to HS 60) than hot springs and that also jets will be stronger as it does not go through the filters (guess they have some by pass compared to hot spring NO bypass) and that the monthly cost of operation would be lower than hot springs. So any opinions suggestions welcomed. thanks

1. Wet test.

2. Size wise, Cameo is closer to Aria or Envoy.

3. You won't float out of Hot Spring lounges either. Not an issue.

4. Hot Spring filtration works all the time. Sundance (or every other spa with by pass valves) does not filter most water when jets are on. However, both work and I would not make that the reason to buy on spa or another.

5. Dealer claims Sundance jets are stronger. Wet test. Oh yeah, wet test.

6. Hot Spring documents cost of operation from 3rd party testing. What is the basis for dealer's claim that monthly cost of operation would be lower?

LOL, I love that line but ALL dealers will say their lounge is designed for you not to float and both brands are designed well. The problem is you can't design it for EVERY body type out there so you'll only know if either lounge works for you with a wet test. Every dealer also thinks their jets, filtering system and cost of operation is better. Its like the guy who thinks his daughter is the most beautiful girl around; just smile when he says it and decide for yourself.

Those are two of the better brands out there. Schedule a wet test for both on the same day and you'll learn a lot.

We just got done going through the process of wet testing, and I couldn't agree more. Make the effort to wet test any spa you are seriously considering buying, and bring the usual suspects with you when you do! You'll not only get a good feel for the tubs and what works or doesn't work for you, but also the dealerships (sales experience and technical expertise) as well. My kids were more than eager to come along, but I had a hard time convincing my wife to wet test. I got every excuse under the sun, but I finally told her that it was important to me to make sure she likes whatever we buy, because of the $$'s associated with the purchase and the length of time it will likely be with us. She finally reluctantly agreed, and we were both happy she did. It wasn't at all uncomfortable (not a lot of foot traffic), and the wet models were very clean. Each of the dealers will try to convince you that there tub is superior. Some of the sales pitch will be legit differences between brands, technology, and specific models, and some of it may just be hype. If you stick to the better brands, you should end up with a good tub regardless of what you buy. However, my personal recommendation would be go with the tub that fits and feels the best to the majority of those who are going to spend the most time in it. If it's too close to call between the tubs you like, let the dealership be the deciding factor, followed closely by price. I'm still waiting to seal my final deal, but I'm leaning toward a Sundance Optima at the moment FWIW. We went in undecided about whether or not we'd want a lounger, and both the kids and wife both found them uncomfortable in actual use, and I wasn't about to take up two seats unless it was worth fighting over!

It is funny in that what salesmen say and hope you believe and stop there. Again a lot of salesamn will tell you anything. Does he personal experience with Hot Springs, all manufacturers claim to have a no float lounge, woman are more buoyant unfortunately, so you need to also wet test them, on the filtration, Both work, both have different ways to build the mousetrap. Sundance uses the only horizontal filtration out there. all others use a vertical, some with one filter some with 2 some with 5. water will take the path of least risistance. water goes over the skimmer and will pull to the left and right not in the center.a vertical filter will pull water down creating a vortex, if you pull both filters out after 2 weekd and look at them the vertical filter will be browner on more surface face of the filter....yes Hot SPrings uses more filters, one dedicated i believe for the circ pump, they use more since they do not use suction fittings.... also i believe the tubs you are looking at, are different sizes... i believ if you look at there heating efficency charts they are almost identical, you can see these on both sites i believe....

But again you need to wet test and also i believe that you need to trust the dealer you buy from and are comfortable with....just a few things to look at.

It is funny in that what salesmen say and hope you believe and stop there. Again a lot of salesamn will tell you anything. Does he personal experience with Hot Springs, all manufacturers claim to have a no float lounge, woman are more buoyant unfortunately, so you need to also wet test them, on the filtration, Both work, both have different ways to build the mousetrap. Sundance uses the only horizontal filtration out there. all others use a vertical, some with one filter some with 2 some with 5. water will take the path of least risistance. water goes over the skimmer and will pull to the left and right not in the center.a vertical filter will pull water down creating a vortex, if you pull both filters out after 2 weekd and look at them the vertical filter will be browner on more surface face of the filter....yes Hot SPrings uses more filters, one dedicated i believe for the circ pump, they use more since they do not use suction fittings.... also i believe the tubs you are looking at, are different sizes... i believ if you look at there heating efficency charts they are almost identical, you can see these on both sites i believe....

But again you need to wet test and also i believe that you need to trust the dealer you buy from and are comfortable with....just a few things to look at.

I could not find any efficiency charts on the Sundance site.

You can find the energy ratings under the model tab, if you go to the product, for example click the Maxxus, hit go , it will bring up the specs... the scroll down it will show you the energy efficiency right there...i just checked it out....hope this helps how to find it....

Got it. Thanks!

Another concern is that when i looked at the cabinet looked like the hot spring does not have the vents like the sundance does. They (HS) said they direct the heat from motors etc back into the water therfore saving energy, also the hot spring cabinet looks much tighter etc.. So is there any truth to this. also i was told that the insulation in the HS is same insulation they use in freezers, high density foam which Sundance does not use. all feedback is appreciated. thanks

Another concern is that when i looked at the cabinet looked like the hot spring does not have the vents like the sundance does. They (HS) said they direct the heat from motors etc back into the water therfore saving energy, also the hot spring cabinet looks much tighter etc.. So is there any truth to this. also i was told that the insulation in the HS is same insulation they use in freezers, high density foam which Sundance does not use. all feedback is appreciated. thanks

All accurate, to a point. Hot Spring also has a pump shroud that vents excess heat directly from the pump(s) to the outside in the corner where you do not have unsightly vents. Circ pump "waste" heat does go into the water.