Persistant Cloudy Water - I'm Stumped

JPvZ

I have a frustrating problem with milky white/blue cloudy water for the last 2-3 weeks.

The tub is was refilled ~1 month ago, been used maybe 3 times. I am using the dichlor bleach method, and switched to bleach recently (~3weeks ago).

Water became cloudy, and will not go away despite super-chlorination, MPS, and filter changes (using a disposible micron filter).

My current water parameters are as follows:

- Free Chlorine: 3.96 ppm

- Total Chlorine: 4.27ppm

- Combined: 0.3ppm

- pH: 7.8

- Hardness: 150ppm

- Alkalinity: 40ppm

- CYA: ~30ppm

- Cu/Fe: 0ppm

- TDS: 750ppm

The Alkalinity is low, but I had recently had it within range (110pm), but came down - Hot tub store said that would happen with large doses of chlorine, and I had just added ~8ppm a few days prior). I will adjust back up, but am certain I will not see the cloudy water clear up, as it was within range recently with no effect on clarity.

Water flow is good through the filter.

I don't want to add a clarifier as I am using a micron filter, which will become plugged if I use one. Plus the micron filter should take care of any particles the clarifier + standard filter combo would.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm about to pull the plug on this fill and restart - but I would really like to understand what went wrong in case it happens again.

Thanks in advance!

JP

350G Yukon polar spa

I have a frustrating problem with milky white/blue cloudy water for the last 2-3 weeks.

The tub is was refilled ~1 month ago, been used maybe 3 times. I am using the dichlor bleach method, and switched to bleach recently (~3weeks ago).

Water became cloudy, and will not go away despite super-chlorination, MPS, and filter changes (using a disposible micron filter).

My current water parameters are as follows:

- Free Chlorine: 3.96 ppm

- Total Chlorine: 4.27ppm

- Combined: 0.3ppm

- pH: 7.8

- Hardness: 150ppm

- Alkalinity: 40ppm

- CYA: ~30ppm

- Cu/Fe: 0ppm

- TDS: 750ppm

The Alkalinity is low, but I had recently had it within range (110pm), but came down - Hot tub store said that would happen with large doses of chlorine, and I had just added ~8ppm a few days prior). I will adjust back up, but am certain I will not see the cloudy water clear up, as it was within range recently with no effect on clarity.

Water flow is good through the filter.

I don't want to add a clarifier as I am using a micron filter, which will become plugged if I use one. Plus the micron filter should take care of any particles the clarifier + standard filter combo would.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm about to pull the plug on this fill and restart - but I would really like to understand what went wrong in case it happens again.

Thanks in advance!

JP

350G Yukon polar spa

How many hours a day are you filtering?

does this tub have a filter bypass valve that may be broken causing the water to bypasss the filter.

Your total chlorine is creeping up just a little, you may need to shock, then use more bleach than you have been to handle bather load.