Onzon System Or Salt

salttub

Hi;

We are new owners of a 8' tub, and it has the onzon system, or sea salt..granted i have been living in there, but the rash and itch is now unbearable. I'm now afraid to use my hot tub. All chemistry seems within specs, but i have no idea what to do. can someone chime in here. I used to live near the ocean, at it never bothered me.. Help!

Hi;

We are new owners of a 8' tub, and it has the onzon system, or sea salt..granted i have been living in there, but the rash and itch is now unbearable. I'm now afraid to use my hot tub. All chemistry seems within specs, but i have no idea what to do. can someone chime in here. I used to live near the ocean, at it never bothered me.. Help!

Do you mean Onzen? Is it the new V7?

There are settings that control how much bromine is produced in your hot tub. You may not be producing sufficient bromine or you may be producing too much bromine. Have you asked you dealer to analyze your water?

With heavy bather use, your settings and maintenance procedures may need to be modified.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes...test the water for sure. The salt system is easier on the skin and eyes that a regular chlorine or bromine tub that is well balanced. If you have rash and itch then they water chemistry is off. Way off. Clear water is not enough, go to your dealer and test the water. In fact, do this often until you get the hang of water maintenance.

I hope thi information is helpful.

S

Hi;

Sorry to hear about your rash problems. Rashes can come from two sources: water chemistry or bacterial infection. Because you have a new tub, bacterial infection is less of a possibility, but here is a table that may help you determine the cause of your rash: rash link.

Some tub chemicals can cause a rash. Have you been using MPS (non-chlorine shock - also called oxidizing shock)? Some people are allergic to this. I suggest that you post the chemicals you are using. Maybe a forum member can give you some more advice. Personally, I think it unlikely that the salt in the water is causing your rash. As suggested by others, get your water tested.

Good luck with your tub and your rash,

- Simon