Newb With Used Tub Chem Q's

mp_cs

Hello everyone, I finally got my used 2001 jacuzzi platinum up and running after an array of leaks and a new J-pump. I have filled it and repaired all leaks. I am now ready to start using tub and i would like some advice on chemicals. I only have one dealer near me (25m) and they sell Baqua Spa. After reading some post here i'm not sure if that is the route i should go, although that is what the prevoius owners used. What would be some of your opinions on what do go with. I have already done a decon procedure on the tub but still notice in some of the lines a white crusty build-up. Should a refill and use spa-flush or jet clean or something along those lines or is there no way to completely clean that stuff out? I cant fill the spa with my well so i have to truck water to it so i would like to keep the cleaning refills to a minimum. Thanks for any replies in advance.

I wish I could be more help, I am new to this myself. My local dealer sells and recommends Baquaspa as well. I too have read mixed reviews, but have decided to try them out. If they don't work I will be going with bromine. I don't have enough experiece to comment on your build up issue. My used tub has a lot. I am also looking for a solution.

My impression from reading a couple forums for a year or so is that Bacqua works fine for the first few years and then starts become a real problem. Let me recommend a few links on this forum to methods that a lot of people here use successfully, including me.

Dichlor/bleach method in a nutshell

Nitro's Approach to Water Maintenance

Spa Decontamination

--paulr