Reconfigure Pvc Setup

Almost there...

Sans_Pump

Pump arrives tomorrow. Have pre-wired everything possible and finally have a gameplan for the PVC setup. Will post pictures of the final product. Thanks for everyone's help. -24K

I thought about the clearance as well, to minimize the fittings, you would want to keep that pump out as far as possible from the house so you can 90 out towards the yard to the discharge side of the pump (or flip the 45 that was originally there). When "pre-fabing" a pump for installation, typically there is a waste tee on top (to utilize when draining the pool) which always forces you to keep the clearance.

In regards to the two 45's: 1 90 = 9 ft of pipe 1 45 = 5 ft of pipe (2 45's = 10 ft of pipe

so it makes a slight difference to just use a 90, however you will be able to adjust the height if there is a difference by using 2 45's, just keep in mind the more you detour from keeping those 45's on a perfectly horizontal plane (which equals a perfect 90) the more you detour from the 90 degre angle.

As far as ,..hold on,.. "contraptulizing" the discharge, you would be okay offsetting the line that would go straight to the discharge side of the pump ( a dog leg in electrical terms)then back over then down. I would stick to what I suggested at the top of this reply. Can't wait to see you creation!!

I thought about the clearance as well, to minimize the fittings, you would want to keep that pump out as far as possible from the house so you can 90 out towards the yard to the discharge side of the pump (or flip the 45 that was originally there). When "pre-fabing" a pump for installation, typically there is a waste tee on top (to utilize when draining the pool) which always forces you to keep the clearance.

In regards to the two 45's: 1 90 = 9 ft of pipe 1 45 = 5 ft of pipe (2 45's = 10 ft of pipe

so it makes a slight difference to just use a 90, however you will be able to adjust the height if there is a difference by using 2 45's, just keep in mind the more you detour from keeping those 45's on a perfectly horizontal plane (which equals a perfect 90) the more you detour from the 90 degre angle.

As far as ,..hold on,.. "contraptulizing" the discharge, you would be okay offsetting the line that would go straight to the discharge side of the pump ( a dog leg in electrical terms)then back over then down. I would stick to what I suggested at the top of this reply. Can't wait to see you creation!!

Simple: Having a hard time visualizing your suggestions, but rest assured that I have a plan that will work. After a chat with PC I'm now less concerned about head pressure and more concerned about functionality. I will be running this pump at the lowest possible RPMs and will only program it to rise to mid-level pressures for limited periods to activate the salt chlorinator and pull my pool cleaner around for a spin. The rest of the time it's subsistence level flow to ensure turnover and even sanitation. Looking forward to tweaking the program settings and figuring out where my sweet spots are for these various functions.

What's amazed me is that I converted to salt chlorination only a month before the old pump died and I'm now on day 10 without circulation and my chlorine level is still 2.7 ppm. I've been scooping up all the organics religiously after several rain events and the PH and chlorine are right where I'd want them to be. Guess that dose of Cyanuric Acid I put in three weeks ago is also helping out. Anyway, that's a subject for another forum.

I'll post the pics once the water is flowing. Thanks again. -24K

Final configuration: Note two consecutive 45's (one up - one over) used at Jandy valve to reach height of pump intake, two more 45's used to create sweep 90....

Final_Equip

Overhead shot of intake and discharge lines shows strainer clearance and alignment of pump with skimmer lines/returns, not with wall...

Pump_Lines

Pool after 11 days of no circulation/sanitation and one day of ePump/salt chlorination...

pool

Special thanks to Pool Clown and Simple for their ideas and guidance. System working very efficiently. I keep bumping down the RPMs from the defaults, but flow is still sufficient to drive cleaner and sanitation - even on "Energy Star" setting (1750 RPM - which I've pushed down to 1600 RPM). Guess I need to put a flow meter after the salt chlorinator cell to see what my daily turnover looks like. Open to suggestions as to what the daily number should be: one time?, 1.5 times?, two times?, etc... -24K