New H2X Owner - Cover Question

marq

Just brought home a 2006 H2X swim spa which was quite the adventure attempting to move a 3500# spa across town and into the back yard.

I'm sure there will be many questions in the future but here's the first.

Since the spa is 16' long the prior owner had 2 conventional 8x8 hard foam covers installed with the swinging cross bars to move then. I dont have them on the spa yet but it looks like when they are opened they will fold toward each end and be standing above the spa, they do not swing down to the ground.

Since one of the covers was stollen when this spa was in storage prior to bringning home I'm wondering if maybe there is a better/different solution to providing a cover?

I think we'll be using this more as a pool during the sumer time than a spa (too much water to heat) and not used during the winter at all.

Ive had a conventional spa before so I know the advantage of having the hard covers but maybe some type of roll cover for use in the summer and then put the hard covers on in the fall/spring?

Any thoughts?

Just brought home a 2006 H2X swim spa which was quite the adventure attempting to move a 3500# spa across town and into the back yard.

I'm sure there will be many questions in the future but here's the first.

Since the spa is 16' long the prior owner had 2 conventional 8x8 hard foam covers installed with the swinging cross bars to move then. I dont have them on the spa yet but it looks like when they are opened they will fold toward each end and be standing above the spa, they do not swing down to the ground.

Since one of the covers was stollen when this spa was in storage prior to bringning home I'm wondering if maybe there is a better/different solution to providing a cover?

I think we'll be using this more as a pool during the sumer time than a spa (too much water to heat) and not used during the winter at all.

Ive had a conventional spa before so I know the advantage of having the hard covers but maybe some type of roll cover for use in the summer and then put the hard covers on in the fall/spring?

Any thoughts?

Let me modify the question.

Understand the benifit of having the hard cover and will use this for the spring/winter/fall.

During the summer, is there a better choice of a cover to use other than the foam cover, like a soft cover, that everybody can get on/off easier? Something to keep out the bugs/dirt/leaves, maybe some insulation value, but primarily for ease of use?

Understand the benifit of having the hard cover and will use this for the spring/winter/fall.

During the summer, is there a better choice of a cover to use other than the foam cover, like a soft cover, that everybody can get on/off easier? Something to keep out the bugs/dirt/leaves, maybe some insulation value, but primarily for ease of use?

Check this out...

There are a number of makers of roller covers. The names that come to mind are Rocky Roller(roller mechanism) and Cover Pools. But an internet search would probably yield others just as good. I have even seen a roller cover that inflates 2-3 inches for insulation. If you don't care about insulation, then a roller cover will keep in the humidity, keep out debris and can be locked for safety. The one thing that might bother me a little, is that to install the cover track, you will have to drill mounting screws into the top lip of your H2X.