Above Ground Price

paxthar

Looking to put in an above ground pool 12' X 24'. Going to go with a heat pump and possibly a salt water system for simplicity. Got one quote which is this:

Chateau Pool 12' X 24' - $3800 Comes with sand filter and hayward pump.

Solar Roller System - $239

101,000 BTU Heat Pump - $2999

Free Pool Cleaner

Plumbing Supplies 15% off and 15% off First purchase of Chemicals

Free Delivery

So this comes to a total of about $7000 before tax.

Another quote we got is this:

12' X 24' Aqua Leader "Creation" Model -(This model comes with a liner that "hangs" on the panels when installing and has a cartridge filter system instead of a sand filter. - $4695

Salt water System included with pool, Ladder, Pool Cleaner, etc...

Solar Blanket Roller - $300

Heat Pump - $3500

Salt Chemical Bundle with pool purchase - $399

This quote comes to around $8890 before tax.

The differences between the two quotes is that the cheaper one does not include a salt water system, or a cartridge filter system.

Is the salt water and cartridge filter system worth the extra cash? I want to go with a heat pump just because it is cheaper to operate in the long run and all I have to do is run wiring.

Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Both prices seem fair.

Cartridge filter vs. Hayward Sand Filter; Depends on the Cartridge filter.

I sell the Hayward Sand Filter System or the Starite Cartridge Filter System (PLM100 Series).

Heat Pump is the right way to go for heating the water.

Salt water system does not lead to simplicity. You still have to balance water for salt to do its job. That means 1- remove minerals and metals from water, raise water hardness, adjust pH and Alkalinity levels. And you are handling 50 lb bags instead of chlorine tablets.

Price the cost of the salt you will need for start up and maintaing chlorine level (using salt) for the season. Then the cost of the salt system.

Regular chemicals for your size pool will be between $200- $300 a season.

Are you installing the pool?

G

Looking to put in an above ground pool 12' X 24'. Going to go with a heat pump and possibly a salt water system for simplicity. Got one quote which is this:

Free Pool Cleaner

Free Delivery

12' X 24' Aqua Leader "Creation" Model -(This model comes with a liner that "hangs" on the panels when installing and has a cartridge filter system instead of a sand filter. - $4695

Heat Pump - $3500

The differences between the two quotes is that the cheaper one does not include a salt water system, or a cartridge filter system.

Is the salt water and cartridge filter system worth the extra cash? I want to go with a heat pump just because it is cheaper to operate in the long run and all I have to do is run wiring.

Free Pool Cleaner

Free Delivery

Heat Pump - $3500

this is way to much money for this our local company charged our neighbor around 5,000 for this same thing i think they got a 15x30 oval called a paragon a much better pool it also included the heater. if you would like thier information let me now .when they built our inground they where very knowlegable and friendly it only took them 5 days to complete our job me and my wife are very happy with the products we recieved and the quality job they did i hope this helps you dont get ripped off and do use a subcontractor to install your pool

Hi Brian,

Who did your pool? Could I get the info, that would be great!!

Thanks in Advance.

this is way to much money for this our local company charged our neighbor around 5,000 for this same thing i think they got a 15x30 oval called a paragon a much better pool it also included the heater. if you would like thier information let me now .when they built our inground they where very knowlegable and friendly it only took them 5 days to complete our job me and my wife are very happy with the products we recieved and the quality job they did i hope this helps you dont get ripped off and do use a subcontractor to install your pool

Hi Brian,

Who did your pool? Could I get the info, that would be great!!

Thanks in Advance.