Strong Spas - Evolution, Everlast, Celestial, Esprit, Strong Premium, And More!

Chad M

Chad,

I did some more investigatig and I think I have a water leak somewhere near the middle of the tub. The hoses and foam are in the way, so I can not tell exactly where it is comming from. I pulled 2.5 gallons give or take yesturday and about a half a gallon today. Please help!!!!!!!

Strowger2

Strowger,

Sounds like you might have a suction with a leak. Give us a call on Monday and we'll find a tech to come out and repair the leak.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

I did some more investigatig and I think I have a water leak somewhere near the middle of the tub. The hoses and foam are in the way, so I can not tell exactly where it is comming from. I pulled 2.5 gallons give or take yesturday and about a half a gallon today. Please help!!!!!!!

Strowger2

Strowger,

Sounds like you might have a suction with a leak. Give us a call on Monday and we'll find a tech to come out and repair the leak.

Thanks,

Chad

Thanks Chad!!! I will call first thing tomorrow

Strowger2

Chad,

I live in a cold climate(Erie) and I am a bit concerned about the 4kw heater being able to heat effectively in the winter. Am I able to get one of the older CSXi80's with the 5.5kw heater? Would there be drawbacks to that? I was reading the posts from owners who used their tubs this past winter and raved about them, but I am now wondering if they were the ones with the 5.5's. I have already placed my order, but I am having second thoughts. Please help.

Thanks

Chad,

I live in a cold climate(Erie) and I am a bit concerned about the 4kw heater being able to heat effectively in the winter. Am I able to get one of the older CSXi80's with the 5.5kw heater? Would there be drawbacks to that? I was reading the posts from owners who used their tubs this past winter and raved about them, but I am now wondering if they were the ones with the 5.5's. I have already placed my order, but I am having second thoughts. Please help.

Thanks

I guess I would have the same questions living in MN, but as a buyer I trust that the 4kw heater would just be more efficient at what it does.

I am excited to receive my csxi80 sometime soon. From what I have seen from customer service so far, things will meet or exceed my expectations. I called and asked for a drawing of the electrical and where to place the electrical as I pour a patio for my spa. They emailed me three items, within seconds, and were more than helpful. Thank your team for me.

From what I can tell, this spa is the king of the mid priced spas out there. I ordered the wood grain shell and I get two pumps, 20 more jets and 16 points of light for a mere $500 more than the current costco special.

Thanks Chad for opening yourself up to questions.

Palm Beach 60. Well last week I had a break in my school work and was able to run and hook up the 220v Electrical the new spa(the city inspector said its one of the best jobs he has seen). When i first turned on the breaker i was worried because i read post of incorrect wiring that caused GFCI breaker tripping I just read and followed the manual and all was fine. the pump came on and the spa started heating up it took about 4 hours to get from 71 to 104. The lights and waterfall really look cool at night. As far as the pressure of the jets i have nothing to compare it to because this is the first and only spa i have been in. it seems to be fine. My only complaint so far is the Headrest keep coming off Maybe Strong can help me with this? Since i got it working i have to get up up speed on what chemicals i need for the water. I forgot i did notice a very small leak coming from one of the spa pump unions, this is covered in the manual and was fixed right away just by tightening the unions from shipping. I will post more after using a few more times.

Hey everyone!

Just figured I'd start a general thread for any questions/comments/concerns about our spa company. We manufacture the spas sold through Costco (US/Canada), Sam's Club, Sears Canada, and BJ's Wholesale Club, and of course our pretty large dealer network. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'm on as much as I can to help with anything you want to know about our spas. I am trying to keep this thread separate from "how's it doing" to "I want to know more". Either way I watch them all and will answer anywhere I'm needed.

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Hey everyone!

Just figured I'd start a general thread for any questions/comments/concerns about our spa company. We manufacture the spas sold through Costco (US/Canada), Sam's Club, Sears Canada, and BJ's Wholesale Club, and of course our pretty large dealer network. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'm on as much as I can to help with anything you want to know about our spas. I am trying to keep this thread separate from "how's it doing" to "I want to know more". Either way I watch them all and will answer anywhere I'm needed.

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Chad,

This is Steve in Morgan Hill. You mailed me the digital pictures through email of the spa....thanks.

We now have the spa and it is full of water, running and heating, but it shuts off every 15 minutes and has the error message HFL when it shuts off......HELP

I guess I would have the same questions living in MN, but as a buyer I trust that the 4kw heater would just be more efficient at what it does.

The 4kw heater isn't mroe efficent, it just less expensive and takes up less amperage and was used in place of teh 5.5 kw for one or both of those reasons. It'll only mean it heats up at a slower pace and even if the strong is so-so as far as energy efficency goes it'll probably work fine.

• 2 months later...

.. or maybe just have your factory set it to 30 minutes from the start? Seems that a 15 min timeout is pretty short as a default?

Anyone who has owned a spa for a while (I have owned six) knows that jet timing is irrelevant as most people will sit on the jets for less than 10 minutes per spa usage. On the rare occasion (once or twice per year) that most people need continued therapy, you can easily push the button again. After this long, your back will be numb from the beating anyway....

I actually have a few questions. First off whats the difference between what you sell @ sam's and what's at costco. From costco I'm most interested in the csxi80, but I'm also a member of sams so wanted to see what they had and if it was the same.

Second, more technical question here. I saw on another thread there is a 15min cutoff for the jets when you run them on high. Now if I could easily kick them back on I wouldn't consider it a problem, but the idea of having to get up to goto the control from across the spa sounds like a hassle. Since I'm gettin this spa for some relaxation, I'm actually thinking more about other brands because of this. So are there any solutions to have run longer or restart it easily? Also is there any reason for this 15min time mechanically? Does it put extra wear and tear on the motors etc that it is best to let it recover from?

Third question is more about jet pressure. I also read another post about the 1 pump for the captains chairs and one for the rest of the spa. So I'm a little concerned about jet pressure, although to be perfectly honest I'm getting the spa for my upper back/shoulders so I assume I'll be in these chairs 90% of the time. However, is it easy to turn off seats or the waterfall if they are not in use/wanted and will it boost the jet pressure in the remaining open jets significantly?

I really like the price point and features of the csxi80 on paper, but there are so many mixed messages out there and I can't wet test it, so I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger on it. I've started looking around at dealers, specifically D1, Hotspring, and Jacuzzi and their price point is definately much higher, but I can at least check them out and I would rather pay the extra money to get something I would enjoy than pay less for something I will regret later. Anyways just my little comentary there :).

Do you guys have a dealer search or know if there are any costco's that carry the spa in store? I'm curious to atleast sit in it dry to see how the captain's chairs fit. I sent an email asking about a texas dealer, but got the response of there is none. I know costco's return policy and all, but it isn't free to return a 1000lb item.

Hey Dawill,

Chad has been more than helpful with any questions I've thrown at him, but like you, I don't want to buy something I can't see or sit in. I took the advice of others on this forum and went and wet tested 5 tubs this week and glad I did. What looked very inviting on paper turned out to be horrible to sit in. And these were high end spas. Of all, I liked Sundance the best. The Strong Esprit is very close to the Sundance Dover, but after sitting lots of "loungers" and regulars seats, I found that they are NOT all created equal. Some actually pushed you up and out of the seat and lounger and you won't know that unless you wet test. Chad, if you could get Costco to let you guys do a "road show" and let us all know when and where, it would probably yield Strong alot of sales. See if you can talk management into it, or add some dealers, especially in the West Coast!

Thanks

Old Bones

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered an Evolution Spa Key West model and am expecting delivery over this coming weekend. I'm wondering if someone could tell me where the electrical hookup is located in relation to the cool down seat as this will help me determine how much cable to get cut.

Thanks

I recently ordered an Evolution Spa Key West model and am expecting delivery over this coming weekend. I'm wondering if someone could tell me where the electrical hookup is located in relation to the cool down seat as this will help me determine how much cable to get cut.

Thanks

I have the same spa if you PM me your e-mail i could sent info as well as pictures.

I see that a few folks have ordered/purchased the Evolution Magnum 90 and the CSXi80 on the forum. Does anyone have any photos of these tubs in action as far as the lighting goes? Since we can't see these in person, I feel like they should do a little better job with the websites to show these things in a little more detail. Specifically, the "16 points of lights", waterfall light, etc. it would be nice if someone has a pic they could upload...

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

HEllo all:

After much soul searching, reading on here and all that fun stuff. we broke down and decided to replace our 10 year old Sunrise tub. In short the spa pack went and it needed a new cover had a little rodent damage(mostly insulation damage).. We ended up getting the Magnum 90. Still waiting for it to be delivered and all. Its been sitting in southern Michigan for over a week or so. It looks like it will be a quality piece. A friend of mine's neighbor bought the key west 60 so we had a chance to see something similar to what we were going to get. And like many other's on this site, Chad's continued support with everyone put a lot of confidence in our decision to go with this tub. I just finished the electrical today, I went with the 60 amp GFCI, and the tub will be sitting on top of our deck. I hope to post a few pics once we get it in.

ROb

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Good afternoon! I just purchased an Espirt 40 from Costco this morning (after a couple of months of research).

Just a couple of quick questions... 1) If I'm looking at the spa with the pull-out stairs and towel warmer facing me, does the electrical connection go on the left side, the right side, or somewhere in the rear? 2) There's a company close to where I live that will not only do the electrical hook-up, they will also 'install' the spa (follow all the instructions, tighten the connections if need be, and get it ready for water). Is this something I should consider? I mean having someone that's experienced will certainly take some of the anxiety of installation away.

I'm certainly glad the selection ordeal is over. I did have to compromise with the size of the spa, but the other company I was looking at (Great Escape Spas, Model X-6) didn't give me a whole lot of confidence. I don't see a rep from their company on a message board and trying to find customer feedback is impossible.

Thank you for your time,

D. Grieco

Hello, new member here with a question about Strong/Evolution spas. We are working toward getting a tub (getting patio made hopefully this week). Then we must get electrical done. If it's too late in the season (translation - Winter setting in) we may wait until spring to order the spa (was debating between St. Tropez or Mediterranean-Canadian version.) Just personal reasons, I am not sure I prefer getting used to a tub, water testing, etc. in the chill of winter. However, in the event that we do get one in winter, my question is, since your spas are tested in the factory, does that mean water is left in the plumbing lines? If so, and a spa is shipped during winter, would it possibly cause a problem with freezing in the lines and damaging the components? Also, would the shell be more subject to damage if moved during extreme cold winter temperatures?

Also, though I don't think there's an authorized dealer in our City for Evolution/Strong spas(Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada), but can you confirm that you have an agreement with a local dealer to provide warranty repairs, if needed?

Regards,

Glenn

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Help, I am spa challanged. We purchased a Key West model spa. Is there someone (e.g. dealer)who can physically show me how to work the basics. How long should it take to heat a spa from 80 degrees to 104 degrees?

Thank you.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support,

Chad

Help, I am spa challanged. We purchased a Key West model spa. Is there someone (e.g. dealer)who can physically show me how to work the basics. How long should it take to heat a spa from 80 degrees to 104 degrees?

Thank you.

assuming you are running 220V most tubs are 4-7 degrees per hour, give or take of course

I'm considering the Magnum 90 from Costco, but one of the reviews on costco said someone 6'2" had wished the shoulder jets were higher. Not being able to sit in it before I buy, this concerns me as I'm 6'2"! There is no way to contact that reviewer so can't find out if the 6'2" guy can't fit in those seats, or are the jets just closer to his shoulders then he'd like?

Thanks!

I'm considering the Magnum 90 from Costco, but one of the reviews on costco said someone 6'2" had wished the shoulder jets were higher. Not being able to sit in it before I buy, this concerns me as I'm 6'2"! There is no way to contact that reviewer so can't find out if the 6'2" guy can't fit in those seats, or are the jets just closer to his shoulders then he'd like?

Thanks!

You're buying based on the price and the fact its from Costco, you're not buying it because its a premium spa with good jetting. Remind yourself of that and you'll probably still get it because to most who buy these its the price that entices them. If you're looking for a premium spa with hydrotherapy this may not be for you.

I'm 5'10 1/4" and I'm counting that 1/4 inch :lol: Anyway, I've got a long torso, like my head almost hits the ceiling in the my 4Runner, but I don't have to adjust the seat back when my wife drives as I've got short legs. Anyway, my torso would be like a 6'2" guy, and yes, the neck jets aren't that comfortable to me. I have them turned off and rarely sit in those two seats. I can fit there if I just slide myself forward a bit, but the jets were too loud anyway. I like to have the top half of my chest and arms above the water. It's all personal preference here and you do have other seats to choose from.

Having owned the CSxi80 for 17 months, I conceed Spatech has a point, but I'm happy with my purchase. And while it's not premium, in my opinion it's a quality spa.

DK117

Thanks!

You're buying based on the price and the fact its from Costco, you're not buying it because its a premium spa with good jetting. Remind yourself of that and you'll probably still get it because to most who buy these its the price that entices them. If you're looking for a premium spa with hydrotherapy this may not be for you.

Actually, the number one reason for considering the Costco one right now is after visiting all the local shops and going to the home show, if I have to talk to another spa salesman I'm going to shoot myself! I'd rather have a root canal then go back to all but one of them that we've met. No offense meant to any spa salesmen here, maybe I've just been unlucky and came across the worst of them?

I'm 5'10 1/4" and I'm counting that 1/4 inch :lol: Anyway, I've got a long torso, like my head almost hits the ceiling in the my 4Runner, but I don't have to adjust the seat back when my wife drives as I've got short legs. Anyway, my torso would be like a 6'2" guy, and yes, the neck jets aren't that comfortable to me. I have them turned off and rarely sit in those two seats. I can fit there if I just slide myself forward a bit, but the jets were too loud anyway. I like to have the top half of my chest and arms above the water. It's all personal preference here and you do have other seats to choose from.

Having owned the CSxi80 for 17 months, I conceed Spatech has a point, but I'm happy with my purchase. And while it's not premium, in my opinion it's a quality spa.

DK117

Thanks, that may take it out of the running for me. I want to be comfortable in any seat, or at least be able to sit in any seat. I have tall friends too, so I don't like limiting it to who can sit where...

I'm not looking for top of the line and super therapy jets or anything like that. I just want something I can kick back in with a couple of friends and hang out. I'm guessing 90% of the time the jets will be on pretty low. Size and seating config are my big criteria.

Thanks!

Actually, the number one reason for considering the Costco one right now is after visiting all the local shops and going to the home show, if I have to talk to another spa salesman I'm going to shoot myself! I'd rather have a root canal then go back to all but one of them that we've met. No offense meant to any spa salesmen here, maybe I've just been unlucky and came across the worst of them?

The spa shows can be like that for sure, sometimes they are manned by "hired guns" who know they have one chance to make the sale and it comes off just like that. I think your key is to find a local dealer who has been around awhile, gives good customer service, knows what he's talking about, understands you’re shopping and he may not sell to you that afternoon... Some dealers are great, some not so great and will turn you off. Stick to the major manufacturers (their websites will have dealer locators) and you can usually find a couple options that are good.