Spa Insulation

Just thought I would add that some spas that use perimeter insulation also have a covering of decent quality foam on the back of the shell as well.

Which goes to defeat the intention of a dead air space.

I'm in the middle of remodeling my kitchen. I'm thinking of leaving out any wall insulation and not taping over the screws holding the sheet rock to the walls. Man, there's miles of plumbing and electrical wiring in the walls I may need to repair sometime in the future. Sounds like the logical thing to do.

I also removed the fenders from my car so I could get to the engine easier. Seemed rather rediculas to only have access through the hood area.

Just thought I would add that some spas that use perimeter insulation also have a covering of decent quality foam on the back of the shell as well.

Which goes to defeat the intention of a dead air space.

I'm in the middle of remodeling my kitchen. I'm thinking of leaving out any wall insulation and not taping over the screws holding the sheet rock to the walls. Man, there's miles of plumbing and electrical wiring in the walls I may need to repair sometime in the future. Sounds like the logical thing to do.

I also removed the fenders from my car so I could get to the engine easier. Seemed rather rediculas to only have access through the hood area.

Well, plumbing and electrical in a house sure lasts longer before it starts leaking than a Hot Springs or Sundance. My service guys keep busy fixing leaks in those two brands. Keep seelling them, we like the service work. We get twice the money for service on full foam tub leak than a dead air space spa, Quality my butt. I have heard that since I started in this business

Do the perimeter insulated brands isolate their electronics, pumps and motors from the added heat in the cabinet? If not, I'm willing to bet the added cabinet heat will have a direct impact on component life! Ease of servicing a leak wouldn't outweigh the much more expensive cost of replacing the core components in my mind.